The Duck Thread

Aren't they funny. I only have one drake that talks every breath my Runner my Muscovy won't talk to him. But every time I hear Snoop talking I think how good it is he is so quiet if a female talked that much wow would that be something.
My drakes both start talking to me the moment I step outside. But otherwise I can't hear them.

update on my ducks,

they are starting to come around to like me. now when ever i go over to see them (and the chickens) they quack non-stop till they get there treats and wait at the fence for them. at the moment only lettuce and cucumbers are the ones they like every thing else sucks to them lol.

okay got a quick duck question, now that my ducks are starting to lay, do i feed them oyster shells like chickens or is just a layer ration good enough for them?

Question. My duck laid it's first egg on Saturday but hasn't laid another egg since. Is this normal? When should she lay again? How often do ducks normally lay?

Hey everyone! I am a fairly new duck mama. I have had my 2 ducks for around 7 months now. I have one male and and one female. The female developed bow legs while the male did not. Therefore, the female has had a little difficult getting around, but it has never been too bad. Now that she started laying eggs, I feel as though things have gotten worse. She seems super healthy and swims just fine, in fact she hopped out of the pond and stood up long enough to clean and fluff her feathers. However, when she goes to walk she just kind of flops forward on her belly. I've started supplementing niacin. When I touch her feet/legs she shows absolutely no sign of pain whatsoever . I do not know what to do! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Question. My duck laid it's first egg on Saturday but hasn't laid another egg since. Is this normal? When should she lay again? How often do ducks normally lay?
Her body is working out the kinks. Be sure she is getting a good feed and Oyster shell in case she may need extra calcium [takes a lot to make those shells].

Back
Top Bottom