The Duck Thread

Would like to know if the blackjack rubber would be safe inside a duck coop walls only. I know ducks are more sensitive to odors from chemicals. We have our coop built out of trex decking for outer shell and inside is the pressed composit wood we got for free. Want to protect the walls as the floor is trex that we pop out for cleaning. The idea is to be able to take the hose to it after we remove the floor for each cleaning. And would it make sense to coat the trex flooring or is trex durable enough to withstand all the poo and cleanings for many years to come? Thanks!

I googled " blackjack rubber VOC's" and looks like it's low in volatile organic compounds... So not to bad on the yucky chemical scale.
Google low VOC elastomeric coatings, maybe find something even better.

OH MY GOD SOMEONE HELP! My duckling refuses to go to bed in its cage! It has food and water I covered it in sheets so its blacked out! It was a teddy bear it sleeps with what do I do?

Could you just pick it up and put it to bed or is there a light on and like a child just want's to stay up till it is dark .............

I do! I pick her up and I set her in her cage I give her food and water I turn everything off and I lay down. But every time I leave she has a panic attack! Loud very loud yelling for me and won't go to bed. How do I step the crying?

Put a mirror in her sleeping area / her pen she won't feel so alone till you can find another duck ... I don't think it has to be same breed

Put a mirror in her sleeping area / her pen she won't feel so alone till you can find another duck ... I don't think it has to be same breed
but if its dark she won't be able to see it and get lonely again? I know someone who's apparently giving away baby ducks so I'll look into it... I feel so bad leaving her in there. I'd gladly bring her into my bed but I don't want to hurt her or get poop everywhere

Quote:

Do you see this 6 week old duckling with the gosling he just needs an friend it really wont matter what it is just so long as it is warn and something to play with and the mirror will make a difference as I had a 3 year old gander many years ago who would just sit and look into the mirror and make noise till we got him a friend it is a short term fix for some and others need a warm friend and yours needs a warm friend .......... Oh and until then you are it ........

Back
Top Bottom