The Duck Thread

Here are my fuzz butts this morning!

you're one lucky duck! I want to hatch some duckling in my incubator but I have no eggs to hatch in it. Never hatched ducklings before, just chicks, but ducklings seem a lot cuter than chicks!

Thank you! And I believe that hatcheries will sell and ship fertile eggs for hatching. I just don't know if there is a minimum order. I love my ducklings and hope to get a few more hatches in this year. I loved the hatching process, and once the eggs were in the incubator I also had my kids help and watch too. Great learning experience for all! But I really want the mommies to do the next batch. I really want to see momma duck with a trail of babies, and momma goose with goslings in tow as well!

They all look very healthy. and precious if you have some scrap 2X4 or bricks laying around you can put the feeder and waterer on top and it will help keep the shaving out and keep you from having to change so often.

I will do that today. Yesterday I was concerned about getting them to eat and drink that I thought lower was better. I did the brick thing last year when I brought home my goslings because they fouled their water constantly. The chicken waterer is still on a brick in their coop, for those nasty winter days when they are all shut in. The geese get a waterer on cinder blocks and a big old pot for head cleaning in their coop on nasty days. I'm so looking forward to spring so those can come out and I can scrub the coops down!

I will do that today. Yesterday I was concerned about getting them to eat and drink that I thought lower was better. I did the brick thing last year when I brought home my goslings because they fouled their water constantly. The chicken waterer is still on a brick in their coop, for those nasty winter days when they are all shut in. The geese get a waterer on cinder blocks and a big old pot for head cleaning in their coop on nasty days. I'm so looking forward to spring so those can come out and I can scrub the coops down!
I know what you mean I am so looking forward to spring weather and we're going to get a taste of it over the weekend highs in the upper 50's that should be awesome after high today in 20's. Glad your able to have someone ready for new babies, It's so much fun having them hatch and knowing they are going to goo homes.

Thank you I appreciate your help.

I hope your surgery went well.

Adorable ducklings!

Well surgery isn't going as plan, first duckie didn't make it, Second one dead in the shell, but this morning the third one decided to POP HIS HEAD OUT of the safe hole we made him. LOL Looks like we may have a lonely duck.

Back
Top Bottom