The Duck Thread

Love the duck pictures that have been posted. Duckling pictures and the adult duck pictures! The blue runner posted was pretty cool!
Well, my duck loving friends, I went to a poultry swap at the local farm store yesterday. I just went to stop in as something to go with my son. I wasn't going to get anything. But, well you know how it goes!

I came home with a female runner! I am excited. She's around the same age as the two Anconas we have (almost a year old) ad is laying. We have a duck and a drake ancona, but the drake will be gone friday. It's spring and he is starting to want to chase us. He doesn't know what to do when he gets close, but after the last drake we had attacked my son, I'm not putting up with it! Anyways, the new duck is so sweet. My son walks up to her and picks her up and puts her on his lap!

We named her Jamima puddle duck
1f60a.png
My husband will be surprised when he comes home tomorrow. He might not leave for the weekend again anytime soon! Haha

Love the duck pictures that have been posted. Duckling pictures and the adult duck pictures! The blue runner posted was pretty cool!
Well, my duck loving friends, I went to a poultry swap at the local farm store yesterday. I just went to stop in as something to go with my son. I wasn't going to get anything. But, well you know how it goes!
I came home with a female runner! I am excited. She's around the same age as the two Anconas we have (almost a year old) ad is laying. We have a duck and a drake ancona, but the drake will be gone friday. It's spring and he is starting to want to chase us. He doesn't know what to do when he gets close, but after the last drake we had attacked my son, I'm not putting up with it! Anyways, the new duck is so sweet. My son walks up to her and picks her up and puts her on his lap!

1f60a.png
My husband will be surprised when he comes home tomorrow. He might not leave for the weekend again anytime soon! Haha
What a precious picture she is lovely and your son is a cutie. Congrats!! Now you've given me ideas my husband has a trip planned for May. LOLO

1f60a.png
That is so cute!

1f60a.png
That has got to be the best picture yet. And to have her so calm around people at that age is amazing. She will be a great addition to your home...

What a precious picture she is lovely and your son is a cutie. Congrats!! Now you've given me ideas my husband has a trip planned for May. LOLO
Miss Lydia, the month of May is not that far away. Do you need someone to go with you to help you control your urge to give in to poultry math with wise statements like..."Go ahead, you know you want to, your husband will never notice a few more..."

That has got to be the best picture yet. And to have her so calm around people at that age is amazing. She will be a great addition to your home...

Miss Lydia, the month of May is not that far away. Do you need someone to go with you to help you control your urge to give in to poultry math with wise statements like..."Go ahead, you know you want to, your husband will never notice a few more..."
Yes that kind of control I need jtn.
wink.png

Thanks all. She is a great addition. My son is happy. Not eating any of the duck feed yet. I think she's pretty scared. A new place ad is away from her other ducks that she knows, but I think she's coming around. She seems more comfortable in the yard and is foraging and jumped right in the pond this morning. I'll bring her over to show her the food dish soon if she doesn't wonder over. My son threw some meal worms in the pond that she's made short work of. I didn't let te drake in with the two ducks last night, I made him stay by himself away from them because he's been attacking Jamima. I know it's just figuring out the pecking order, but he wouldn't leave her alone yesterday and I don't want her hurt. I had to make his stay in the side yard yesterday while the two ducks got to know eachother too. He will be gone friday, so that will be better. I figure the girls need to get to know eachother and not have one being attacked constantly!

Sounds like a plan :)   Hurry and hatch me some. we've got till around second week in May   :lol:

I see I have become a bad influence with just one post! Haha! Good news, my husband was excited to see the new duck and happy to hear the drake will be leaving Friday.

Back
Top Bottom