The Duck Thread

Thank you, me too. I gave her some loves last night after work and she wanted to hide her head in my shirt while I held her, which she never lets me do. That tells me how upset she is. She may just end up being a house duck for a while if I can't find her a friend quickly.

Thank you, me too. I gave her some loves last night after work and she wanted to hide her head in my shirt while I held her, which she never lets me do. That tells me how upset she is. She may just end up being a house duck for a while if I can't find her a friend quickly.
Aaah, you are welcome. Bless her heart for snuggling in with you. I am happy she's so receptive to it. Great idea to bring her in the house until you find her companion. She sounds like a sweetie.

Great news! I found two new friends for my female. I will be picking them up after work tonight. It sounds like they are about the same age as her. What a relief!

A found mites on a chicken (the ducks and chickens live together) I'm most likely going to treat with invermectin in the water (in conjunction with some natural strategies and a major coop cleaning) what I'm worried about is the ducks drinking to much of the medicated water, thoughts on this anyone?

I lost my male today. For some reason he drowned in their pond while he and the female were playing. They could get in and out just fine and I don't know what happened. I tried blowing air into him and rubbing his chest to get the water out and air in because I could hear gurgling. Didn't work, and I am so sad. My little female was running all over the pen and crying for him
sad.png
Sorry for your loss... I've lost a couple this way . Even though they *can* get out, sometimes they don't they don't, and then they become water logged and succumb to hypothermia, especially if their pool is something man-made.

-Kathy

A found mites on a chicken (the ducks and chickens live together) I'm most likely going to treat with invermectin in the water (in conjunction with some natural strategies and a major coop cleaning) what I'm worried about is the ducks drinking to much of the medicated water, thoughts on this anyone?
Is it a water soluble ivermectin?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom