The Duck Thread

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but I recently acquired 2 white pekin ducks and their kiddie pool (5ft round by 15" deep) is gross the day after it's filled. Is there a way to filter the water? Don't want to spend more than $50

Mine is gross the first time they get in it after I clean it out! Heck, they usually don't even let me finish refilling it, and they are in it again. I usually scoop the water out with a shovel until its light enough to dump, usually only do it every other day, to every third day. You can use the search function at the top of the page to look for filtering ideas.

Mine is gross the first time they get in it after I clean it out! Heck, they usually don't even let me finish refilling it, and they are in it again. I usually scoop the water out with a shovel until its light enough to dump, usually only do it every other day, to every third day. You can use the search function at the top of the page to look for filtering ideas.
my kiddie pool for my 2 Pekins is a little smaller but I still clean it out daily. Same thing, use buckets to empty it till its light enough to dump. If I refill it at night, its good enough in the morning for them but when I get home from work in the evening I'm changing it. Its ur choice, one of the many joys of owning ducks.lol

my kiddie pool for my 2 Pekins is a little smaller but I still clean it out daily. Same thing, use buckets to empty it till its light enough to dump. If I refill it at night, its good enough in the morning for them but when I get home from work in the evening I'm changing it. Its ur choice, one of the many joys of owning ducks.lol
we are lucky I guess flood irrigate the land so rarely have to worry about it they just go play in the pond with a filter

Here's a question that I've never seen asked. I have different blankets and towels that go in my duck coop, I wash them in my washer and hang them out to dry. Since then, I've been taking my clothes to my family's to wash. Do u think it is safe to use my washing machine for our clothes still since I've been washing the towels and blankets with duck poop on them in it? My husband thinks we will get duck diseases...lol...I think if I run bleach through it first then it should be fine. Anyone???

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom