The Duck Thread

At least someone is enjoying all this flooding! It's insane but my ducks are super happy and I don't even have to fill up their pool for a while. I dumped their 60 gal stock tank on Sat and its overflowing today from all the rain!
Interesting you'd say that at least someone was enjoying the flooding. I live in Bend, OR and even though we aren't having nearly the issues you are in TX we all got an alert text last week about potential flooding in our area because of the rains. I told my buddy John who owns 4 webbed girls that if it did indeed flood his ducks wouldn't mind. And his reply was that ya, they float. It was funny. Yours are so cute drinking in the water.

The littles enjoying our puddle this morning

Puddle?? You've darn-near got a pond now!
1f601.png

It's already all dried up lol only an inch, that's the low spot in the play ground, but we do get some lakes out here, I'm smack dab in the middle of three bird/wildlife preserves and three rivers =) I remember a few times growing up we had to use the row boat and paddle out to the levy to feed the horses.

It's already all dried up lol only an inch, that's the low spot in the play ground, but we do get some lakes out here, I'm smack dab in the middle of three bird/wildlife preserves and three rivers =) I remember a few times growing up we had to use the row boat and paddle out to the levy to feed the horses.
Well hopefully it will rain again for y'all. I wish mine would absorb as quickly. My ducks are still swimming in my yard, but the lakes did go up 20 feet in the last 7 days. Which we really, really need since that's our drinking water and has been at record lows for the last 5 years.

Last edited:
So its a hot day charlie and JoJo are chilling beside their baby pool eating grass. Ryleigh my daughter is in her own baby pool. Charlie runs at Ryleigh, I thought she was attacking her but charlie sorta Nuzzled in ryleigh's neck then walked away. Ryleigh was caught off guard and got out of her pool looking at charlie then walked over to charlie and stuck our her finger which charlie nibbled on not hurting her. Ryleigh looked at me as if making sure it was alright and then did it again and again. She's only 17 months and they follow her around. Let her touch them. I believe Charlie has imprinted on Ryleigh which I love! Its too cute! My husband is even amazed!

So its a hot day charlie and JoJo are chilling beside their baby pool eating grass. Ryleigh my daughter is in her own baby pool. Charlie runs at Ryleigh, I thought she was attacking her but charlie sorta Nuzzled in ryleigh's neck then walked away. Ryleigh was caught off guard and got out of her pool looking at charlie then walked over to charlie and stuck our her finger which charlie nibbled on not hurting her. Ryleigh looked at me as if making sure it was alright and then did it again and again. She's only 17 months and they follow her around. Let her touch them. I believe Charlie has imprinted on Ryleigh which I love! Its too cute! My husband is even amazed!

Awww that's such a cute mental image! I'm surprised Ryleigh lets them, but its great that she isn't scared of them.

Maybe they think she's another duckling!
love.gif

That is the sweetest thing that could happen. Your family is so sweet. What fun. Good experience for Ryleigh.

Back
Top Bottom