The Duck Thread

Good morning all!  I'm happy (and very relieved) to report that Diva isn't phased by her bill injury and it does already look better.  Thankfully, she's my easiest to handle so she's being very cooperative when I rinse the bad spot & put Neo on it.  Man, I was beside myself!  LOL

I am sooooooo VERY grateful for BYC and all you great people.  :bow

Awesome, :woot

[/LIST]
Of our 8 ducks there is 1 peking that refuses to get in the pool :( S/he will stand outside while the other 7 are playing. I feel so bad. When they had a little kiddie pool s/he had no problems now with the bigger pool it will duck its head over the side but thats it. Anyone know why?

It could be she is low on the pecking order? Do you have another pool

Last edited:
My friend found a baby wood duck (we think) so wondering if it needs any special care?

Oh how cool, You guy's can not find the mom?
If not then, if it were me, I wolud get 3-4 other duckling's & raise them together, then they can be released when they are ready.. or find a bird sanctuary that takes in duck's..
You do need to have water with the duck all the time.. However, it depends on how old it is & if the mom put the oil on her feathers so she can float. If not don't let her swim in water unsupervised.. They will need to have water when they eat .heat,depending on age . You can give her chicken scratch if you have some.. If it is pellets, just add water.. Actually there is so much more, hope others will chime in.. I'm headed out.. Can you post up photo's??

Here is the couple, Rick :love. Lauren enjoying the warm weather.

Four of my girls on their morning stroll... Every morning at 5:30 these 4 ladies circle the property and hide their eggs, except one, she walks to the duck house at the end and leaves me a big beautiful white egg in her nest! They're better than the darned Easter bunny at egg hiding! Good morning everyone and happy weekend!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom