The Duck Thread

Anybody know what breed she is? She has a pale yellow tint to her in some places but is mostly white and rather large!

That is a really lovely Pekin! They have a butter yellow tint to their feathers, and look pure white from a distance. When she starts laying eggs, her bill may change color. It will get a softer orange, and may get colored spots from the hormones. How old is she?

Oh wow! We have alot of owls here too & i hadnt even thought about them as being a threat! Im trying to get my chickens and duck used to going in the coop at night...been forcing my big white hen and my duck in but my 2 bantams keep flying up in a tree where i can't get to them! I even tried luring them down with treats tonight and they refuse! I noticed tonight tho that the rooster announces when him and the hen r going to go roost so tomorrow night im going to try to get out there about 30min b4 they roost and lure em in!

Yep, be careful of those owls... I'm in TN too and haven't had any hawk issues but sure have had hungry owls come down... we have at least 3 or 4 different types living all around us... they're much sneakier than hawks and will sit and study the area and schedules til they learn when and where to grab their snacks... :/

Anybody know what breed she is? She has a pale yellow tint to her in some places but is mostly white and rather large!

Very pretty Pekin!! :)

Yay!!! I set 33 duck eggs yesterday in the incubator I hope I get a good bunch of quackers out of them maybe if half atleast hatch ill be ok im pretty sure they are mallard and khaki campbell since I dont have any over sized ones but I have a mix of pekin khaki and mallards so whatever comes out ill be ecstatic its my first hatch in my new incubator and my new journey as a stay at home bird raiser wish me luck y'all imma need it

Yay!!! I set 33 duck eggs yesterday in the incubator I hope I get a good bunch of quackers out of them maybe if half atleast hatch ill be ok im pretty sure they are mallard and khaki campbell since I dont have any over sized ones but I have a mix of pekin khaki and mallards so whatever comes out ill be ecstatic its my first hatch in my new incubator and my new journey as a stay at home bird raiser wish me luck y'all imma need it

That's alot of ducklings. Hope you have a great hatch!!
fl.gif

That is a really lovely Pekin! They have a butter yellow tint to their feathers, and look pure white from a distance. When she starts laying eggs, her bill may change color. It will get a softer orange, and may get colored spots from the hormones. How old is she?
Yes. The yellow tint is awesome on Pekins. My friend's girl has them and I call her butter ball cuz she's a big round, soft girl. And her bill became covered in spots too as she matured. She is super cute.

And while I'm at it, I noticed two little spots on JoJo's beak that look Luke bruising. They are real hard to see. He very simply could have bruised his beak...lol

They are down where his hair line meets his beak sorta by his nostrils. The dark marks
Cute JoJo. Look at his web down there. I see the bruising too but have no idea what it is all about.

Back
Top Bottom