The Duck Thread

@PotatoWaffles
          they look an cozy in the last pic and having the other ducks around I'm sure helps them feel better about being outside. I'm sorry about the duck you lost that must have been heart breaking.. Learning from our mistakes can really hurt .  But learn we do.              Let us know when hatching begins!!

That last pic of the 2 snuggled in their bedroom is so precious What are their breeds?

They are mixed breeds, so your guess is as good as mine. I believe the darker one is mallard/pekin. He's growing so fast, and has white tipped wings, but strong mallard coloring. I think the gray is from my mallard and my fawn and white runner, she has mallard pattern, but gray feathers instead of black, and she is very light and slender, and stands more upright than her brother. That's my best guess, but they could also have Cayuga or welsh harlequin in them.

I have two 4.5wk old ducks that are imprinted on my husband and myself. They follow me everywhere, crawl in my lap and cry when I leave them in their pen. The ducklings I raised before this last spring were never imprinted. They would eat out of my hand, but stopped doing that around 8-10wks old, and are now very skittish. Anyone have experience with imprinted ducks know if my two little ones will get skittish around the same age like the others did? Any tips for keeping them tame? I'm going to do everything I can to make see it doesn't happen, but it's going to be difficult, as winter and snow are coming and I won't be able to spend as much time with them.

Never stop paying attention to your ducks and you will have buddies for life ,,,

They are mixed breeds, so your guess is as good as mine. I believe the darker one is mallard/pekin. He's growing so fast, and has white tipped wings, but strong mallard coloring. I think the gray is from my mallard and my fawn and white runner, she has mallard pattern, but gray feathers instead of black, and she is very light and slender, and stands more upright than her brother. That's my best guess, but they could also have Cayuga or welsh harlequin in them.
Doesn't matter they are about as cute as they come.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom