The Duck Thread

OK so that just happened.

Can't believe I was just talking about this but some friends are over and a close step by one of them caused her to do just this. Better give her some treats to reinforce the idea of it.
Attimus

:thumbsup :celebrate :highfive:

Maybe see if your friend can help you replicate it too?? While you give a signal you want her to come up there?

Lots of treats!! :D

I'm so sad. I got 9 chickies and 6 ducklings just yesterday, they were soo cute and i started naming them. I had a new run built and the coop fixed up and this morning they were all gone.

I looked all over the coop. There is no holes, no sign of break in, no feathers, nothing. I just don't know what could have gotten in or how, i'm so sad im trying not to cry, I can't figure this out. We have mesh wire instead of chicken wire cause it's sturdier. I just can't think of what could possibly be breaking in or how

I'm so sad. I got 9 chickies and 6 ducklings just yesterday, they were soo cute and i started naming them. I had a new run built and the coop fixed up and this morning they were all gone.

I looked all over the coop. There is no holes, no sign of break in, no feathers, nothing. I just don't know what could have gotten in or how, i'm so sad im trying not to cry, I can't figure this out. We have mesh wire instead of chicken wire cause it's sturdier. I just can't think of what could possibly be breaking in or how
So sorry how heartbreaking, look for any 1" opening a mink is suppose to get through even a 1" gap. They are vicious

I don't know if we should strip the coop and rebuild or just bring the whole thing down and build a new one. This is so frustrating and sad. We're all edgy and sad right now...

Oh my goodness! That's a lot of babies for something to take, without any signs being left. Could they have gotten out on their own?

I don't know if we should strip the coop and rebuild or just bring the whole thing down and build a new one. This is so frustrating and sad. We're all edgy and sad right now...
I'm sure you are, them being so tiny something could have eaten them right on the spot and left no signs. As far as what to do that will have to be your decision but doesn't look like the one they were in is very secure,even if we think it is. Just goes to show you how predators can find a way. About the only thing that will keep out mink etc raccoons on the larger side is hardware cloth not even one small hole can be left open or it will be breached.
I hope you can figure it all out and maybe in the spring try again and this time it will be a success.
Did you have heat set up for these babies since they were outside?

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
My heart aches for you. Hang in there and I hope you do find the cause. I know the not knowing part is the hardest.

Back
Top Bottom