The Duck Thread

wow, being a not at all knowledgeable person about chicken burds its always a delight for me to see something I've never seen before such as your all black chicken. She is gorgeous. Cute face too.

I second that! Ive never seen a black one with a black comb! Love it!

Thank you both! She is an ayam cemani. You should look them up sometime (and then get ready to hit the floor when you see how much they cost).

Pretty girl! Ayam Cemani?

Thank you, and yes!

Yep! If they don't go in my 'bator they get sold.

Then please let me know if you have hatching eggs for sale.
smile.png

Oh yeah! Mine love watermelon too! They eat it down to nothin but the green skin! Lol! My ducks poo has been bright green lately...i guess it from her free ranging...eating alot of grass and clover! She loves the tomatoes tho and the chickens like em too! I just lucked out this yr...we built raised garden beds & filled em with horse manure...didnt get em filled til kinda late in the season so i didnt mess with em much but i had some tomatoe plants if grown from seeds and decided to clear a spot in one of the beds to put em in! They did really well...produced 100s of small tomatoes that looked like oversized cherry tomatoes! Dont even know what kind they were but they were really good and i would go out every morning to let the chickens out and grab the duck egg then stop by the garden and fill my house coat pockets with tomatoes! Still have probably 50 or more green ones on em but like i said i don't know if they will ripen now! I only had 3 plants so they did real well! Had plenty to share with my flock!

Wow your plants did great for coming from seed..
Our ducks and chickens LOVE tomatoes.
My ducks and chickens love tomatoes my geese not so much.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom