The Duck Thread

I would luv lily and JoJo to have them, they'd be so cute. Ryleigh is happy yet lately she's been informing everyone she's the baby so I'm hoping she isn't extremely jealous. As for Chris's son, he's on drugs, right now he's in jail, his court hearing is Nov 10 so we aren't sure what to do. He said his gf is pregnant which I don't know if I believe. We wanna help but he needs to help himself. If he would steal off us, chris would kill him. We don't want that around our babies. I'm so lost, I dunno what to do. See, chris is 45, I'm 31. So this is a lot to swallow. I shouldn't have posted this on here, lol, but **** Julie if you have any advice, I'm all ears!
IMO Natasha, you have too too much going on to take him in. It would put immeasurable stress on you and the family. His situation is so sad and is too common these days. My best girlfriend at work is going thru the identical thing with her son and its just about putting her under the bus. Without training none of us are really equipped to deal with this. Not to be cruel when I say this, but the new baby, Ryleigh and you are #1 and your welfare is of utmost importance. And your husbands too. The young man needs to utilize the services of counseling, treatment and his PO to get him on the right track. And this is easier said than done. Addiction is an insidious and viciously powerful disease. Do what's best for the 4 of you and remember safety first.

Last edited:
IMO Natasha, you have too too much going on to take him in. It would put immeasurable stress on you and the family. His situation is so sad and is too common these days. My best girlfriend at work is going thru the identical thing with her son and its just about putting her under the bus. Without training none of us are really equipped to deal with this. Not to be cruel when I say this, but the new baby, Ryleigh and you are #1 and your welfare is of utmost importance. And your husbands too. The young man needs to utilize the services of counseling, treatment and his PO to get him on the right track. And this is easier said than done. Addiction is an insidious and viciously powerful disease. Do what's best for the 4 of you and remember safety first.

I agree completely, I just feel bad. Chris and I have both said, he has to want to get better. There's no point in helping him if he don't want help. I'm not giving him money to feed his addiction. Chris and I have both been through it to be honest and there came a point in time when enough was enough. I hope he realizes it sooner than later. I won't put my children in harm to try to help a grown man who refuses the help. I just feel like I'm being mean. Right now, we are the ones supporting him while he's in jail. His mom is on drugs too so that's a lost cause. Its added stress I don't need. I tell myself to not worry about it but it doesn't work. I will always put my babies first though, always!

I agree completely, I just feel bad. Chris and I have both said, he has to want to get better. There's no point in helping him if he don't want help. I'm not giving him money to feed his addiction. Chris and I have both been through it to be honest and there came a point in time when enough was enough. I hope he realizes it sooner than later. I won't put my children in harm to try to help a grown man who refuses the help. I just feel like I'm being mean. Right now, we are the ones supporting him while he's in jail. His mom is on drugs too so that's a lost cause. Its added stress I don't need. I tell myself to not worry about it but it doesn't work. I will always put my babies first though, always!
I am so sorry. I am in tears. It isn't easy, that's for sure. Bless you and Chris for getting thru it. Really. No easy feat. And it is so sad because this young man is in deep based on his familial cycle. And please please tell yourself you are not being mean. You are not, trust me. And I know you put your babies first. Look at how caring you are. You are giving him money. You provide so amazingly for Lily and JoJo and sweetly fuss over them. You're a wonderful wife and mom.

You are not being mean. Give him all the phone numbers and resources to get help and keep him in your prayers. That is all anyone can do. It is hard and even harder on y'all because you want to help and wish he would get better.

I'd start telling Ryleigh she is the big sister. You can do ------. Little babies can't do that. Show her babies and ooh and ahh over them. Get her a doll when you bring the baby home. Always stress what she can do that a baby can't - like candy. And you remind her that this is what I did for you when you were a baby but now you are so big you can ...

8 kids and they are all still alive. Lol

I want to say it was this thread somewhere but I cant find it. It was something you put in the ducks water to prevent it from growing algae. Does anyone remember what it is?

It was me, lol...

You are not being mean. Give him all the phone numbers and resources to get help and keep him in your prayers. That is all anyone can do. It is hard and even harder on y'all because you want to help and wish he would get better.
It's called tough love James Dobson I believe coined that phrase many years ago.

Thank all of you for your encouraging words and for letting me vent! Lol I know your all right, I know in my heart wheat I have to do, its just hard. But it has to be done. As for ry ry, I tell her she's a big sister all the time but she will always be our basby girl. Thasnk goodness, this baby's a boy. She is the only female child in the ENTIRE family on both sides so she's spoiled rotten. We got her a baby doll already and we got her a bunch of baby doll stuff for Xmas so it will improve... Lol..I knoiw there will probably be some jealousy. Yet, she is my lil helper with everything! Mama's mini me! Its too cute! It will all work out. You girls are great!!!!:hugs. :fl

Hi everyone! My name is Denise and I am fairly new to easing ducks. My male and female Peking ducks were hatched in April. I have a question I hope someone can give me some clarification for. My female has recently moulted, but her feathers have now come back in pale yellow. Is that normal? At first, I thought she was dirty and needed her pool water changed. Now that she has fully changed over, I've noticed her whole body is this pale yellow color instead of pure white like my male. Has this happened to anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom