The Duck Thread

I started with three geese (gander and two females). At about a year (actually 11 months) they hatched out 8 goslings as a thank you for all their care. They started laying a couple of months before that though. The hatch was from a clutch of about 20 eggs total.
So did you keep all 8 goslings? And I see your hatch rate was low too so maybe this is just the way with ducks and geese:) I'll be very excited to see my first goose egg. I don't think my gander has impregnated either of the girls yet but then don't geese have a particular mating season?

i've ordered ducklings from metzer's twice..one time 6 duckling and the other 4 ducklings and both times all babies made it to me happy and healthy ad=nd they had gro gel and heat pack but were only in trans 2 or 3 days and not 4 so that helped them but always good birds from metzers so far for me
I am glad to hear that.
That's wonderful:)

Update on the Metzer deal- gave them a call. They said the label was prepared on the 10th and that they shipped them on the 12th but since they were 2 days old by then, it was going to be difficult for them to survive with no food or water in the box with them. They were very nice and assured me that this IS NOT THE NORM. I ordered replacements plus two more to make it a flock of a dozen. They ship on the 23rd. Thank you all for your advice. And your sympathy
1f60a.png

Happy to hear it has been settled. 
Same here and hope this shipment arrives without incident:)

@Julie Bird Day 18 Call candling pics... they refused to show webbys this time though... :/

This is same one that waved at you before... :)

And these are Lady Greys...

Last edited:
@Julie Bird Day 18 Call candling pics... they refused to show webbys this time though... :/

This is same one that waved at you before... :)

And these are Lady Greys...
Weeebeep. Is that cuz the lil baby is moving around in there? He has 8 to go counting today. I see his veins and that makes me happy. I know his webbys are in there. Little preciousness.

Then Lady Grey has hers due. Will they all be born on the same day?

This is so sweet. I'd never be able to focus waiting. I was thinking about them yesterday.

Thank you for the update with pics and tag. I love it.

Weeebeep. Is that cuz the lil baby is moving around in there? He has 8 to go counting today. I see his veins and that makes me happy. I know his webbys are in there. Little preciousness.

Then Lady Grey has hers due. Will they all be born on the same day?

This is so sweet. I'd never be able to focus waiting. I was thinking about them yesterday.

Thank you for the update with pics and tag. I love it.

Yep, kept moving and couldn't get a clear pic before the web moved again, lol... all should be due on same day, we'll see how they do... :fl
Glad you are enjoying this and I am happy to tag you... will be awesome for you to see the littles after they hatch too... :)

Last edited:
Yep, kept moving and couldn't get a clear pic before the web moved again, lol... all should be due on same day, we'll see how they do... :fl
Glad you are enjoying this and I am happy to tag you... will be awesome for you to see the littles after they hatch too... :)
Oh, yes. I truly am excited. It is amazing how much you can see of the child bird in the egg. So then are they breathing thru their noses in there? Or some other way like a mammal does in-utero?

And I can hardly wait to see the littles when they hatch. I know I'll cry but it will be for happiness. Esp cuz you are sharing this. Sweet little round loves. Thank you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom