The Duck Thread

I think it sounds like they should be fine, especially with the adult ducks not seeming to mind them. They will huddle together in the house for warmth if they get cold. I say put them out now, see if they seem to get too cold during the day and if they seem to be fine, keep them out and put them in their house at night with the other ducks.

Cool. I just put them out. It's 37 today with a low of 27 so I will know if they seem too cold. The adults don't worry me, they're very laid back and friendly and more than anything just seem upset that they can't introduce themselves. The ducklings are also pretty much as big as the adults (they're runner / probably mallard mixes). I'll go out and check on them in a couple hours and see how they're doing.

And thank you everyone for your thoughts about the c section! I really wanted a natural birth and wasn't even freaked out by the idea of that, so I feel stupid for being so nervous. Haha. But I can't believe I get to meet my baby in two weeks! Her birthday will be New Year's Eve!

And thank you everyone for your thoughts about the c section! I really wanted a natural birth and wasn't even freaked out by the idea of that, so I feel stupid for being so nervous. Haha. But I can't believe I get to meet my baby in two weeks! Her birthday will be New Year's Eve!

The best advice I read in a baby book was don't get stuck on a plan. Plan what you want, try for it, but there is no wrong was to have a baby. I wanted a natural birth, but it didn't happen. One thing with kids, plans seem to change. Your baby could decide to get in the right position or they may be able to turn her, but soon you can hold her and in the end, how she comes into the world isn't the important part, her being here is what's important. Congratulations! I can't think of a better way to start the new year!
1f389.png

You will be good. Your baby will have a perfectly shaped head after not being squished through.....well you know.

I did feel like my guts were going to just drop out on front of me. I held a pillow against my stomach to stop the feeling. If you're going to nurse, put the baby on a pillow. Just the right height. The nursing part was no different than my others.

Remember the commercial that had the new mother saying her Dr gave her Tylenol afterward? I had a morphine pump. Lol

Actually, it wasn't as bad as I dreaded and I had 2 year old twins too. You will definitely want to take it easy even if you feel great. :)

The babies seem to be doing fine outside. The older ducks didn't even seem to notice them at all. I've checked on them a shamefully huge amount of times... haha... and they're not shivering or even huddled together, they're just hanging out. I decided to leave the two slightly younger ones inside for just a few more days, then everyone will be ready to be outside. But the oldest ones that are currently out there seem to fit right in and they're comfortable and not too cold. Yay!!

The babies seem to be doing fine outside. The older ducks didn't even seem to notice them at all. I've checked on them a shamefully huge amount of times... haha... and they're not shivering or even huddled together, they're just hanging out. I decided to leave the two slightly younger ones inside for just a few more days, then everyone will be ready to be outside. But the oldest ones that are currently out there seem to fit right in and they're comfortable and not too cold. Yay!!
thumbsup.gif

You will be good. Your baby will have a perfectly shaped head after not being squished through.....well you know.

I did feel like my guts were going to just drop out on front of me. I held a pillow against my stomach to stop the feeling. If you're going to nurse, put the baby on a pillow. Just the right height. The nursing part was no different than my others.

Remember the commercial that had the new mother saying her Dr gave her Tylenol afterward? I had a morphine pump. Lol

Actually, it wasn't as bad as I dreaded and I had 2 year old twins too. You will definitely want to take it easy even if you feel great. :)

I remember that feeling that my guts were going to fall out, especially walking upstairs!

Yay!! I was hoping you posted an update. And dont feel bad about checking on them. I hatched some yesterday and today and I've checked them a million times :D

Back
Top Bottom