The Duck Thread

Ok, the "feeling like my guts were going to fall out" thing is really freaking me out
hmm.png
the hospital will be giving me a belly binder, so hopefully that helps... ugh. I'd so much rather have a natural delivery. I hate surgery... and the fact that I have to be conscious for it and then go straight to taking care of a newborn just scares the crap out of me.

Oh no! I'm sorry! Its just an odd feeling because of the muscles. Its not a "real" feeling. Its just the way the mind thinks about it. Don't worry. It will be fine!

Ok, the "feeling like my guts were going to fall out" thing is really freaking me out :/   the hospital will be giving me a belly binder, so hopefully that helps... ugh. I'd so much rather have a natural delivery. I hate surgery... and the fact that I have to be conscious for it and then go straight to taking care of a newborn just scares the crap out of me. 

You can ask to be put under, my aunt did that. I was the opposite, when they told me it was time for an emergency c-section, I was terrified if they put me under, I wouldn't wake up. Then they keep you in the hospital for a few days usually I think. We had to stay longer, but in the hospital there are people in and out checking in you and the baby.

The babies seem to be doing fine outside. The older ducks didn't even seem to notice them at all. I've checked on them a shamefully huge amount of times... haha... and they're not shivering or even huddled together, they're just hanging out. I decided to leave the two slightly younger ones inside for just a few more days, then everyone will be ready to be outside. But the oldest ones that are currently out there seem to fit right in and they're comfortable and not too cold. Yay!!

That's great news! Happy to hear it!

@Miss Lydia
@Amiga

Or anyone with experience with angel wing... I need some advice, please... I think Io is developing angel wing... I've never had to deal with it in any of my ducks, so want to make sure and check about wrapping it... not sure if I should wait a bit before wrapping or do it now...

These pics were taken just now as soon as I noticed it...

This pic I took just last night and didn't even see the bit of the wingtip sticking out until I pulled up the pics I took tonight... :/

Any advice is appreciated and confirmation that this is angel wing?? Thank you...

Rav did you ever look at the Angel wing thread? I keep looking at the pics but I cannot tell anything from them....but I'm pretty sure the only fix is to wrap her. But she seems kinda little to wrap....but I don't know maybe it's easier to wrap then at her age. Someone will eventually answer you and tell you what to do. At least you know it won't effect her health.....wish I had more for you.

Last edited:
Rav did you ever look at the Angel wing thread? I keep looking at the pics but I cannot tell anything from them....but I'm pretty sure the only fix is to wrap her. But she seems kinda little to wrap....but I don't know maybe it's easier to wrap then at her age. Someone will eventually answer you and tell you what to do. At least you know it won't effect her health.....wish I had more for you.

Yeah, I looked at that thread... and others, and googled, and went through my books, lol...

I do think wrapping in some way is needed, but trying to figure out exactly how to do it... it's such a tiny piece and all the others I could see were older and more feathered...

Heard wrap all the way around and just the wing tip... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom