The Duck Thread

Hope ya all had a blessed week.. We got to enjoy the full moon by the bonfire.

The duck's love it when we are out with them at night. Lauren has been quacking more often wanting treat's.. AND of course I go running out to see what she want's.. Spoiled brat has me trained..
She also GET'S so excited when I come out and tries to jump for joy.. It is pretty funny, she maybe clears 3 inches..

Very glad you enjoy them... Io is the most laid back, chill little duckling ever... never seen one so calm, it's awesome... and yes, he is super soft and floofy too...

His wing is all better and he is very happy to be able to itch it now, lol... this was right after unwrapping and thorough itchy scratches...

LOL. AAAAAAAH. Itchy scratches. I feel so much better here now. So I am gonna semi pancake my cute, soft and floofy body here and show my web so that Julie Bird can squeeeeeeeee.

I am glad his angel wing is so much better. What a relief.

75° today, so Io and littles enjoyed the pool...
big_smile.png

@Julie Bird
Mouth agape, inhale air and hold. Stare at pictures and EEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I love love love your ducklings and my godchild. Look at him in the middle. His wings out and the 3 littles all together facing the opposite direction. Look at Io's webs on the pool's floor. They are very visible. They are orange/yellow so that's why. He totally has a duck body. He loves the water cuz it's in his genes.

Did you get to hand carry them to the pool and place them in it?

Thank you for the tag. LOVE.

Hi guys!

I've got a question, and I thought i'll just post it here since you all know your duck facts haha :)

I once read that if you hold your duck upside down it will die.
Is this true, and if it is, why?

Would love to hear the answer!

Sam

Not til they are close to same size and all get along well... I have a couple nighttime house ducks the kids are safe with but we supervise constantly until they're all put up...
Integrating is slower with ducks than chickens, at least for me...
I'm integrating some chickens now. It will be awhile before I integrate the Fab Five. I'm going to pen the drake so he doesn't bother the babies getting to know the girls.

They are just precious!!
Thank you.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE WEBS ON A white towel. Why? CUTE. WHY???
smile.png

LOL! Oh, I just love when ducklings do that...it's so horribly endearing, even if it doesn't end in a graceful finish. :p

x2
The first time I saw Wobs do it I squee'd. My chicks NEVER did that and I wondered what the heck was going on, hehe! He'd just put his lil' nubs up in the air, stumble backwards and you'd hear this "weeeeeeEEEEEEEP" and then.....pooples.
I remember the first time I saw it. I didn't know about it and I thought to myself that I had one smart duck, lol.

Even as just hatched little 'lings they know that stuff is potent!
gig.gif
It's funny how it come naturally.

It's just cute how they have that instinct to poop outside the nest like that. It's fascinating, and utterly adorable. :3
They have so many fascinating and adorable antics. I think it's the cutest when they stretch their legs out behind them. O and like city farm mentioned the jumping and flapping of their wings like they are going to take off any moment, lol.

Hope ya all had a blessed week.. We got to enjoy the full moon by the bonfire.

The duck's love it when we are out with them at night. Lauren has been quacking more often wanting treat's.. AND of course I go running out to see what she want's.. Spoiled brat has me trained..
She also GET'S so excited when I come out and tries to jump for joy.. It is pretty funny, she maybe clears 3 inches..
Hot weather and now storms and cooler weather here. Bonfire sounds wonderful.

I am so glad to hear that. WHEW.
Thank you

75° today, so Io and littles enjoyed the pool...
big_smile.png

@Julie Bird
Sooooo cute
love.gif

Hi guys!

I've got a question, and I thought i'll just post it here since you all know your duck facts haha
smile.png

I once read that if you hold your duck upside down it will die.
Is this true, and if it is, why?

Would love to hear the answer!

Sam
I don't know the answer but someone else will. Your avatar is so cute.

Back
Top Bottom