The Duck Thread

I guess I'm odd duck out... My flock has food and water access 24/7.... Can't forage right now, everything is frozen. Plus, if I want a drink in the middle of the night, I get one, why not them? Just my way.

Finally getting back to putting the fence up around the pond after the accident.
Attimus

Count me as one of those that does not put water or food in the house. Mine get fed at least twice a day and always have great water. I try to keep their bowls full all day but if I let the dogs out I have to pull up the food so they don't eat it. My girls let me know when they are hungry and start yelling and being as loud as possible till I feed them again. When I had pekins I fed them twice a day. Morning and night and they free ranges during the day. My current flock also free ranges during the day in my back yard.
Ok! Thanks.
I guess I'm odd duck out... My flock has food and water access 24/7.... Can't forage right now, everything is frozen. Plus, if I want a drink in the middle of the night, I get one, why not them? Just my way
Wow. Mine always have water access but like I was saying food only at night

I guess I'm odd duck out... My flock has food and water access 24/7.... Can't forage right now, everything is frozen. Plus, if I want a drink in the middle of the night, I get one, why not them? Just my way.
Another odd duck, here. The watering station makes a tremendous difference for us, as far as being able to provide water 24/7 without increasing effort to do room service. It just seemed right for us.

I am sprouting wheat again, since as you mentioned, nothing to forage outside right now.

The ducks seem to really relish having something green to nom on. And it's less expensive than buying greens for them this time of year.

I was at the grocery store today and they had bags of chopped collards marked down so I bought a big bag for my flock. I had to chopped smaller but boy did they love them.

Finally getting back to putting the fence up around the pond after the accident.
Attimus
@attimus that looks great!!

Another odd duck, here.  The watering station makes a tremendous difference for us, as far as being able to provide water 24/7 without increasing effort to do room service.  It just seemed right for us.  

I am sprouting wheat again, since as you mentioned, nothing to forage outside right now.

The ducks seem to really relish having something green to nom on.  And it's less expensive than buying greens for them this time of year.

I do sprouts! The ducks couldn't care less, the geese LUV it!!!
I use 2 kiddie pools. One for food dishes and one for 5 gallon buckets with water.

Omg!
A couple of weeks ago one of the cats found a mouse. It was still alive so I scooped it into a cup and tossed if outside.
One of the dicks ran over and ate it. Whole.
To save the mouse from a cat to see a duck eat it was very unexpected lol
We got some rain today, the ducks are so excited. Has anyone seen their duck eat a mouse? Or kill one?  I think my duck killed one and didnt eat it. : / 

Back
Top Bottom