The Duck Thread

Metzers has a duck comparison chart. That helped me pick what breeds I wanted.

http://www.metzerfarms.com/DuckBreedComparison.cfm?CustID=11152218

:thumbsup  That's right, except I think Runners are generally considered skittish. I don't know where that idea came from, though. Mine is the most friendly, laid back one I have. I think WHs lay about as well as KCs, too, but I can't be sure about that bc mine don't lay yet. And WH are very friendly.

Yea, my runners are really friendly so I went with that.

I feel her back or leg(s) are injured. I would let her float atolladero n lukewarm water and watch her closely, then separate her tonight.

Thank you so much!
big_smile.png
She's actually doing much better today, thank God!

~Alex

What is the best breed of duck that lays but are very friendly?
Best layer: Khaki Campbell

Friendliest?? I know there are statistics/books/data and whatever but I think this trait is all about how they are handled and exposed to people.
My friendly breeds:
Swedish
KC
Muscovy

Thank you so much!
big_smile.png
She's actually doing much better today, thank God!

~Alex
YAY! So happy to read this.

We have Khaki's, Swedish, Runners and Cayugas and the Khakis and Cayugas tend to be egg laying machines. We have one little Khaki hen that is the sweetest of the bunch. When she sees me coming she comes running and follows me while I do my chores just chattering up a storm. She will let me pick her up and hold her but really prefers to follow me and get treats out of my hand.

We have Khaki's, Swedish, Runners and Cayugas and the Khakis and Cayugas tend to be egg laying machines. We have one little Khaki hen that is the sweetest of the bunch. When she sees me coming she comes running and follows me while I do my chores just chattering up a storm. She will let me pick her up and hold her but really prefers to follow me and get treats out of my hand.

I do have to say you just described a Khaki Campbell to the T
goodpost.gif

Does any body have any Swedish Muscovy crosses? I have a Swedish hen incubating 5 eggs 3 are for sure Swedish Muscovy crosses and 5 are Mabel Swedish Muscovy crosses. Do they take longer to incubate if the father is a Muscovy"

Back
Top Bottom