The Duck Thread

Hi guys!

This is my first post in BYC. I have two Indian Runner ducks and have already ended up at BYC a few times after googling some questions. I hope I can be of use to new duck owners some day too :)

Look forward to chatting and forum-ing with you all!
hello. I'm a bit new too and very new to Raising baby ducks. My runners are 8 weeks old. I have learned alot from BYC . Maybe you can help me too when i need advice. :)

Yes they are locked up good and tight. There was a skunk really close to the house last night. I worry..
That's good! You could try to catch it in a live trap, and depending on where you live you could either move it somewhere (smell is a problem here), or shoot it.

Hi guys!

This is my first post in BYC. I have two Indian Runner ducks and have already ended up at BYC a few times after googling some questions. I hope I can be of use to new duck owners some day too :)

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
Glad to have you here! Maybe some pictures of your ducks?
big_smile.png

My two mallards started sitting on May 11th. Day 28 was yesterday. The are no ducklings hatching yet. How long do you typically let your broodies sit before pitching the eggs? I wish I could see what's going on underneath them and the they're in a corner out of reach.

My two mallards started sitting on May 11th. Day 28 was yesterday. The are no ducklings hatching yet. How long do you typically let your broodies sit before pitching the eggs? I wish I could see what's going on underneath them and the they're in a corner out of reach.

I too have been wondering this. My pekins have been sitting for 30 days now and nothing. I've been keeping an eye and there is almost always a duck on the nest maybe twice a day for like 10 minutes are the eggs completely alone. What could be causing them to not hatch?

I too have been wondering this. My pekins have been sitting for 30 days now and nothing. I've been keeping an eye and there is almost always a duck on the nest maybe twice a day for like 10 minutes are the eggs completely alone. What could be causing them to not hatch?
Duckling have their own time table they don't just pip and pop out on day 28 or 30 sometimes it takes longer depending on humidity and heat so I wouldn't just yet give them a few more days before thinking of tossing them. I know PW said hers are out of reach but have you candled any of your Pekins eggs lamaremybabies to see what is going on?

Duckling have their own time table they don't just pip and pop out on day 28 or 30 sometimes it takes longer depending on humidity and heat so I wouldn't just yet give them a few more days before thinking of tossing them. I know PW said hers are out of reach but have you candled any of your Pekins eggs lamaremybabies to see what is going on?
I have tried but I need to wait till it gets a little darker out to actually see anything.

Hi guys!

Hey!!! Welcome to BYC!
Runners are awesome; I have one, too :)

Back
Top Bottom