The Duck Thread

there are many BYC membeers who are good at this kind of hatch, better than me... @Lacrystol & @WVduckchick are very helpful.
but you man not hear from them until tomorrow..
putting vaseline is good. she is malpositioned and that is why she pipped (cracked through the shell). is she is malpositioned and can not move, cuz she may be too big for her shell, she may need help to crack open her shell after she absorbs more.
WHAT DAY IS SHE ON?

do you have her in the incubator? i sure hope so, she still needs 100-101 degree temp and her membrane needs to be kept moist. what is he humidity in the bator? it should be at least 70%

Ok! So I just need to keep her bill up and wait then!?! Thanks y'all! I'm really not sure what day she is on because my duck was setting on it and several others but between the drake trying to mount her on the nest and the other females trying to set with her, all of the other eggs got knocked out of the nest and she decided to abandon this one 3 days ago so I brought it in and put it under a heating pad! I know...it's not the appropriate way to do it but it's all I had...my heating pad has several levels of heat so it's set on 2! The shell was cracked when I brought it in but we saw her crack it herself tonight! I'm not sure if the first crack was her or chaos in the coop!

she needs to be in an inclosed container with holes for air and she needs the temp to be 100-101 and you can put a small bowl in w/her that has water and a sponge or paper towel in the water bowl, not too much water, just very wet towel.
do you have a clear plastic container, so you can see her from the outside?
the heating pad can get hot in one spot and kill her. when you put water in the bowl for humidity, use warm/100 degree water, if you put cold water in it will make her cold. not sure how you can keep her warm? i would put the heat pad on the side or top of the container you have her in, not right under her, cuz it will be too hot for her. make sure she has air holes in the box so she can breath.

she needs to be in an inclosed container with holes for air and she needs the temp to be 100-101 and you can put a small bowl in w/her that has water and a sponge or paper towel in the water bowl, not too much water, just very wet towel.
do you have a clear plastic container, so you can see her from the outside?
the heating pad can get hot in one spot and kill her. when you put water in the bowl for humidity, use warm/100 degree water, if you put cold water in it will make her cold. not sure how you can keep her warm? i would put the heat pad on the side or top of the container you have her in, not right under her, cuz it will be too hot for her. make sure she has air holes in the box so she can breath.

Ok! I'll fix her up! I've been keeping her in the little plastic container in the pic with Easter basket grass under the egg and a little on top of it with the heating pad laid over it! It's been keeping it about 99 in the bowl with it set on 2 but now that the egg is open, I have the heating pad Teepeed over her with a stick holding it up so she can breathe! I turned the heating pad up a little too but it's not touching the egg & with cooler air coming in I didn't want her to get cold! I will fix it up the way u said tho!

Got her all fixed up! Gonna check the temp in a few minutes just to make sure it's on a good setting then maybe I can get a couple hrs of sleep! Keeping my fingers crossed...this is the last egg out of 2 2 batches that my poor baby girls have tried to hatch!

Does this look like a Rouen/Runner cross? If he gets a green head is he a cross and if not is he a purebred?
He is for sure a drake. :love

Got her all fixed up! Gonna check the temp in a few minutes just to make sure it's on a good setting then maybe I can get a couple hrs of sleep! Keeping my fingers crossed...this is the last egg out of 2 2 batches that my poor baby girls have tried to hatch!

Ok, how's it going this morning?

Back
Top Bottom