The Duck Thread

If they find the pond you may have a problem. feed them right at their house Only.. and at 1 month old they are really too young to be on a large pond they can be very vulnerable to snapping turtles and flying predators also.I believe I'd keep them up with a pool to play in till fully feathered and adult size. .

@skylerw Welcome to BYC

Oh goodness, yes. I didn't realize they were only 1 mo!

No friend no family. I understand perfectly. I've already tLk to people. I just want to help them further. These site is not healthy for me.

Don't leave any food out for them during the day, instead bring some out in the evening a few hours before dark to entice them back.

I used to fill the hopper and make sure it was always full but they would come and go during the day but started to not come back. Got them in and kept them in the run for a few months and now I just bring out food twice a day. They seem to be back to the habit of coming back for their dinner... now if only ex-broody would lay me an egg....

If they find the pond you may have a problem. feed them right at their house Only..  and at 1 month old they are really too young to be on a large pond they can be very vulnerable to snapping turtles and flying predators also.I believe I'd keep them up with a pool to play in till fully feathered and adult size. .

@skylerw
  Welcome to BYC

They are about 4 months old and almost have all the adult feathers just worried I won't be able to round them back up if they get on the pond I'd post pics but for some reason I can't on my iPhone so far they haven't gotten to far from the run the chickens on the other hand like to be out

It's funny other forms say superglue it on backyard site. I've seen other forms on the site with issue simaler to mine. It works for them. But I have to feel the losses and have cookies spread about me and be tracked. Your just repeating what I already new from Hatchery's and vet. That's not what I needed.
@tracyjg who are you talking to and what are they say you should super glue? Please explain.

I'd post pics but for some reason I can't on my iPhone
Just wanted to let you know that this might not just be because you're in the phone. I noticed that you're a new user. I don't recall this being the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "new user upload freeze" to keep the spammy posts to a minimum.

Quote: I think it's because they have a chick with a prolapse and want to use super glue to fix it? Think vet and hatchery said to cull it... not sure what cookies and tracking mean.
idunno.gif

-Kathy

Quote: They said it can't defecate, and that alone will kill it. Not sure why it has a prolapse, but I suspect it's something that will not get better with any amount of intervention. I'm all for trying to save them, but I don't think this one can be saved.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom