The Duck Thread

They are lovely but you do realise they are geese NOT ducks?
1f609.png

Er, yes. I've shared them in here before. There's not really a goose chat thread so I've been posting them in here. My signature also says I raise Roman Tufted geese (what these are) so I didn't think there'd be any confusion. Sorry if there was any!

Last edited:
My ducks (all hens) do that motion right before they try to "mate" with each other. Maybe she likes you! Lol
Mandy
LOL! I noticed she and my KC sometimes do this to each other almost like they're saying hello. I haven't had any of them jump on each other's backs ... yet.

LOL! I noticed she and my KC sometimes do this to each other almost like they're saying hello. I haven't had any of them jump on each other's backs ... yet.
Mine seem to do this mostly when they are in their pool, right before they jump on each other. Sometimes they do the motion when they walk up to each other, maybe they are just saying "hello". In the water they are saying "hello, sexy"! LOL

Mine seem to do this mostly when they are in their pool, right before they jump on each other. Sometimes they do the motion when they walk up to each other, maybe they are just saying "hello". In the water they are saying "hello, sexy"! LOL
Haha! Apparently my Runner and KC both think highly of each other!

I personally like the Amazon method

You can find cheaper versions. But whatever you do, think about small crack. Ducks fit through spaces tbat look much smaller than they are. They are mostly just fluff. I'd dig down on edges and surround outside perimeter with heavy logs or bricks to discourage things from digging in.

This is mine, it is just a 10x10 dog enclosure. The only thing we have found in the enclosure is a snake. You will notice that there is plywood around 3 sides at the bottom, nothing can get to the birds and they seem to like the privacy. They seem to know to sleep away from the front portion of the enclosure. Easy to keep, I just hose it out about once a week and change the hay on the floor every day or so. The top is covered with tarps to keep the rain out, so far the predators haven't figured out that they could chew through this. Hopefully they never will! The ducks have laying boxes inside the dog crate you see in the back. They get inside the crate when the weather is really bad. I have 7 ducks in here at night, they are free ranging during the day.

Good luck! Hope this gives you some ideas.
Mandy

Er, yes. I've shared them in here before. There's not really a goose chat thread so I've been posting them in here. My signature also says I raise Roman Tufted geese (what these are) so I didn't think there'd be any confusion. Sorry if there was any!
They're still pretty whatever they are! We love ALL BURDS!
Mandy

You're welcome here, but you CAN start a goose chat on BYC. I am sure there are people just like you that are thinking "I wish we had a goose chat!". That sure sounds funny!!

lau.gif

You're welcome here, but you CAN start a goose chat on BYC. I am sure there are people just like you that are thinking "I wish we had a goose chat!". That sure sounds funny!!

:lau

Well, I also have ducks, so I sure hope I'm welcome here ;) I just like to share my geese as well.

Back
Top Bottom