The Duck Thread

CyndiD, please bear with me. Which bottle o
f what? I am outside on my phone and navigating is an unpleasant and unwieldy task right nowl

Hi Amiga.... your post from 2015 was for Vitacost...
Vitacost - Tag ArthroPower(TM) For Pets with Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM Bacon Flavor -- 1500 mg Complex - 200 Chewable Tablets

there are other bottles of joint aid... i was wondering which would be best for my pekins swollen hocks and which would be safe for her? thanks again.
i will be outside doing my chores, so no need to expedite your reply.

We've been getting some good rains here in Texas. My heart goes out to those in LA and MS that are flooded. Our re-dug duck pond has filled up
wee.gif

wow alot of rain! ..nice pond how do you keep it from turning green, thats what mine does! im afraid for the ducks to swim in it

What age can ducklings have unlimited access to a pool unsupervise
I'd let them be able to get in an out with out any problems maybe at least 3-4 weeks old. make sure they have some way to get out of the water safely and not have to jump off the side of the pool which they can injure their legs doing.

I would wait till they are fully feathered. Ducklings can poop out, get hypothermia and drown if they get waterlogged.

In your question you refer to unlimited and unsupervised - so that means they need to be fully feathered. And also it would be after you have supervised them in that particular pool to be sure they can easily get out. I have seen adult ducks struggle to get out of some swim pans - placing a small stack of bricks or a large rock at the edge can help.

Hey guys. I just picked up 2 cayugas ducks/drakes. Not sure. One looks like it's tail is starting to curl and it for sure sounds like a boy. The other sounds like a boy with a slight quack at the end. No tail curl. Is there any other way to tell if it's a boy or girl? She originally told me they were both girls. I knew they weren't the second I heard them. She also said they are 4 months give or take but the look younger to me..

Back
Top Bottom