The Duck Thread

Do you have chickens? Do you also have a rooster? In all likelihood, if you do, then he has had fertilized chicken eggs. Also, does he like fresh fruit (this is a silly comparison I know but...) then he is had fertilized fruit. A fruit blossom is fertilized by a bee usually (pollinated) and then it swells up producing the fruit. Yuk, Peach sperm!!!
no chickens just my ducks.

Good morning all. I have another question. SURPRISE...
Anyways what is the best time to let my ducks out of the coop now that they are laying. My hubby says with what he has found on the Internet 10am. To me that keeps them out of the sun to much. Any ideas? I let them out as soon as there is enough light out that I can see what I am doing.
I have heard they are SUPPOSED to be finished laying by 8 am. But I think mine forgot to read the manual. Lol I sometimes find an egg in the driveway. Good luck!

He is like Duck sperm yuck.
1f632.png
1f910.png

Forgive me - but this reminds me of the reason W.C. Fields said he would not drink water. http://www.mindspring.com/~hsstern/maewest/fields.htm

Not to mention when we breathe in pollen . . .

Or what beer actually is . . .

I better go walk the ducks...

My ducks don't like leaving there fenced in area. I leave the gate open and they never go out in the yard unless I herd them out and they never stay out long. I leave the door to there coop open except at night. They out them self up at dark. I just go out and close the coop door. They are good Giles and boys.

my ducks were not foraging on our property (had too many grasshoppers this year) as much this summer, cuz the cut weeds were sharp and though on their feet. but i wanted them to get the grasshoppers and i wanted them to forage more, so i could cut back on their feed alittle. anyway, all i had to do was take a scoop of their pellets and walk as far as i wanted to around the back property and drop a small pile here and and there and they would follow me. then they started to forage during the day and go further away from the duck house. just keep in mind there are predetors that can get our ducks when they wonder far. i have 2 dogs that are constantly patroling the property and barking and keeping preds away.
hope this helps someone.

Hey guys, I got some ducklings from metzer farms. They are about a week old now. This morning after getting them water and food they started leaking mucus from their mouth and nose. I freaked out and cleared their passage ways. I took the food out because it seemed to be making it worse. Other then the mucus they act fine. Running around, playing in their water dish.

Hey guys, I got some ducklings from metzer farms. They are about a week old now. This morning after getting them water and food they started leaking mucus from their mouth and nose. I freaked out and cleared their passage ways. I took the food out because it seemed to be making it worse. Other then the mucus they act fine. Running around, playing in their water dish.

Well all the stuff is gone. I'm wondering if it was because they dumped their water last night. I made a new waterer that I found in our brooder book. I'm going to see if this helps. If not I'll start them on antibiotics just I case it's an upper respiratory infection. They are all acting fine now though so I think it was something else. Just happy they are ok now. That really scared me.. :(

Well all the stuff is gone. I'm wondering if it was because they dumped their water last night. I made a new waterer that I found in our brooder book. I'm going to see if this helps. If not I'll start them on antibiotics just I case it's an upper respiratory infection. They are all acting fine now though so I think it was something else. Just happy they are ok now. That really scared me..
sad.png
Just watch them closely. Ducks have the ability to hide how they feel and will just suddenly become very ill without warning. Sounds like they are o.k. But watch them for a few days just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom