The Duck Thread

Gorgeous!!!
love.gif
Thanks! I finally was able to produce a chocolate barred drake this year. Not quite sure why they are so hard to produce, but now I have one.
cool.png

-Kathy

:love  Very nice!

-Kathy

Thanks!

Thanks! I finally was able to produce a chocolate barred drake this year. Not quite sure why they are so hard to produce, but now I have one. :cool:

-Kathy

Either one has its issues, putting them together... lol... great job!!

:ya

Cool.  Thanks.  I would love to have some blues. 

Can't help you on the Swedish, but I can get you blue bibbed Calls... ;)

wow just amazing. beautiful

Thank you... they're hard to get good pics of, lol...

Absolutely gorgeous. This is the reason I purchase a blue swedish hen for my blue drake. She won't reach maturity until next year though. :)

Post pics of the offspring when she is... many ask to see the splash Swedish, but they seem to be hard to find pics of... :confused:

Thanks!
Either one has its issues, putting them together... lol... great job!!
Can't help you on the Swedish, but I can get you blue bibbed Calls... ;)
Thank you... they're hard to get good pics of, lol...
Post pics of the offspring when she is... many ask to see the splash Swedish, but they seem to be hard to find pics of... :confused:

I will. I had a really hard time finding pics myself. :)

This is my fave blue bibbed this year, very clean markings and pattern... white at the eyes is a common fault, but I like it...

They really are so beautiful!! :)

I will. I had a really hard time finding pics myself. :)
They really are so beautiful!! :)

Luckily I can show the color on Calls at least, lol...

Thanks, I adore them... working on more variety of patterns... only thing is their color tends to fade to almost pure white before they molt, only difference between them and true whites is they have very dark bills...

I'm not gonna feel bad about getting rid of predators that have been preying on my flock for over a year, plain and simple. And I'm not going to feel bad that the ravens managed to fly up to the top of a totally predator proof brooder made of hardware cloth and pop the latch to open the door, something no other predator could do and that I had no way of knowing ravens could do, not to mention that they got by my dog who was out with the flock too and also had to go through a run and a coop to even find the brooder. I already said I was trying deterrence methods first before killing them, which seems to also have been ignored. I gave these birds over a year of leeway because I really love birds and I would never want to kill one, but there comes a point when you have to do what you have to do. Anyway, that's the last I'll say on this.

And since everyone else is posting pictures, here are some of my geese and ducks:

Back
Top Bottom