The Duck Thread

That could be. I imagine they won't eat until they burst. They probably need the nutrients. Especially since they obviously didn't have the right diet before. Have you ever used Brewers yeast mixed in their food for niacin. And peas are high in niacin as well. I bet after a few days or a couple weeks they will start to regulate their eating a little better.

I dont understand these ducks. They eat like they are never going to eat again. This confuses me. My runners never have acted this way. Is it because they are farm ducks and just another duck in the flock where they had to fight for ever bit of food with 100's of others and they have that mind set here with there new family? They eat and eat and eat till there lower neckline looks like breast. Then they eat more. I have to feed in different places so my runners can eat. Any ideas on this woul be much appreciated.

That could be. I imagine they won't eat until they burst. They probably need the nutrients. Especially since they obviously didn't have the right diet before. Have you ever used Brewers yeast mixed in their food for niacin. And peas are high in niacin as well. I bet after a few days or a couple weeks they will start to regulate their eating a little better.
Thank you for giving me a bit of your time.
1f603.png

Frozen peas with corn is a daily snack. I have niacin pills for there water. I need to get brewers yeast. I have to drive a hour to get all my goodies for my flock expect for the frozen veg.

thank you.. with out knowing there age i was doing what i though was right. I did read in adult ducks there ia not much you can do for them. In chicks you can wrap them and they would go back to normal in a few days or a week. I thought taking the weight off that joint being young or old would help. We will see. They will grow right or stay angel wing. Im going today to pick up wrap for them. Pink athletic wrap..
1f604.png
Good luck. Post pictures if you can. I love the pink wrap. I used camo once, lol

Yes, definitely having a girl around is causing his aggression.  If she is your only breeding age girl, I would keep her separated or keep the boys separated.

She is my only breeding age hen right now. I've just purchased 2 more but I won't be picking them up until this weekend. For now I have been keeping the drakes seperated and found another home for my poor ancona drake and his hens.

thank you.. with out knowing there age i was doing what i though was right. I did read in adult ducks there ia not much you can do for them. In chicks you can wrap them and they would go back to normal in a few days or a week. I thought taking the weight off that joint being young or old would help. We will see. They will grow right or stay angel wing. Im going today to pick up wrap for them. Pink athletic wrap..
1f604.png

Be sure you have help when you wrap. Mine screamed and bit! I am sure the neighbors thought I was slaughtering her! Lol

Of course. You're good for trying your best to do something for them.

Thank you for giving me a bit of your time.
1f603.png

Frozen peas with corn is a daily snack. I have niacin pills for there water. I need to get brewers yeast. I have to drive a hour to get all my goodies for my flock expect for the frozen veg.

Last edited:
Hey guys whats up!! I haven't been on i a while but all my Khakis turned out to be boys Lol
barnie.gif
. I went to auction this Tuesday and got a mallard hen
yesss.gif
so we will have to get rid of some of the boys and get more girls i will post some pics when i get home.

Show and tell. These are a few of my new ducks. Type unknown. Can you tell me what they are.? One of the blacks has a puff on the back of its head but its not very developed like the the one with the white puff.
Blue Swedish
Cayuga
Blue Swedish
cDEFINETELY fawn and white runner buff.
Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom