The Duck Thread

Here is a video of Merlin!
0.jpg
@0:58 How did that lil thing down in the right corner get there? LOL
So do you have an underwater camera too?

I think my 4 domestic ducks have adopted a wild duck.... they are penned up at night but during the day are out on our 2ish acre pond. Usually my husband is home when it gets dark and they come up so today I decided to come hang out which then when I got off work on this lovely 77 degree day. When I came down to give them some strawberries my 4 took off back into the water and a wild duck flew off to the other side of the pond! when I came back down to the pond to enjoy some reading in the hammock the wild bird circled a number of times around the pond while my mallard drake loudly quacked at he till she landed (once I stopped moving around) and now they are just following her around the pond! It's pretty unusual for a wild duck to be alone isn't it??

I think my 4 domestic ducks have adopted a wild duck.... they are penned up at night but during the day are out on our 2ish acre pond. Usually my husband is home when it gets dark and they come up so today I decided to come hang out which then when I got off work on this lovely 77 degree day. When I came down to give them some strawberries my 4 took off back into the water and a wild duck flew off to the other side of the pond! when I came back down to the pond to enjoy some reading in the hammock the wild bird circled a number of times around the pond while my mallard drake loudly quacked at he till she landed (once I stopped moving around) and now they are just following her around the pond! It's pretty unusual for a wild duck to be alone isn't it??
Haha. That's cute. I love it. Not sure about the wild gurl being solo. Perhaps her singleness is why she is hanging around yours?

Back
Top Bottom