The Duck Thread

I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at this review... lol

Like really? The book is designed to cover everything because some people raise ducks for that purpose and a lot of the people that buy it I'm sure are homesteaders. It's not geared toward house ducks.. I love birds too but I recognize some people use them for that purpose. I never would but I mean really.. giving the whole book 1 star and throwing away a perfectly good book just because they tell you how to kill a duck and cook it?? LOL

This is the book btw, storeys guide to raising ducks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1603426922/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

frow.gif
May I join please?

Welcome dan26552, here you will find a mix of folks that have a peculiar affinity for ducks and their ilk. Let us know what you have, provide pictures if possible, and enjoy your time with us. By the way, having ducks is not a requirement, we have one visitor that has no ducks but loves them in all their wonder.

​Welcome dan26552, here you will find a mix of folks that have a peculiar affinity for ducks and their ilk. Let us know what you have, provide pictures if possible, and enjoy your time with us. By the way, having ducks is not a requirement, we have one visitor that has no ducks but loves them in all their wonder.

Thanks. :)

I currently have 6 pure pekins, three 4 month old ducklings one of my pekins hatched in September that may or may not be full pekin, a blue Swedish pair, a black Swedish drake and a mallard drake. Oh, I and just put 34 eggs into my incubator on the 17th :weee :fl

I'll get pics of my ducks later, I don't currently have any of them on my device.

Oh, I almost forgot, last year, my 6 laying ducks out laid 20 laying hens.

I think I joined the duck side along time ago :lau You're forgetting I grew up around Muscovies. :p

I didn't remember seeing you on the duck side of byc. ;) but I don't get around much. Lol

Thanks. :)

I currently have 6 pure pekins, three 4 month old ducklings one of my pekins hatched in September that may or may not be full pekin, a blue Swedish pair, a black Swedish drake and a mallard drake. Oh, I and just put 34 eggs into my incubator on the 17th :weee :fl

I'll get pics of my ducks later, I don't currently have any of them on my device.

Oh, I almost forgot, last year, my 6 laying ducks out laid 20 laying hens.

You started them!?!?! :clap Good luck!!

I did, I posted it on the pond (I think)
tongue.png
Thanks.
fl.gif

I was on the Muscovie thread for awhile and I'm on one of the pekin threads. I pop over every once in awahile.

I thought you posted that you had them ready, but I didn't see that you actually set them. I may have missed it. I'm anxious for you to hatch these, it will be fun!

And I don't have either of those breeds, so I don't visit there much... but I do love everything ducky!

I thought you posted that you had them ready, but I didn't see that you actually set them.  I may have missed it.  I'm anxious for you to hatch these, it will be fun! 

And I don't have either of those breeds, so I don't visit there much...  but I do love everything ducky! 

Oh, well now you know. :D Me too! :fl :fl :fl

Lol. I don't have muscovies anymore either :hit

Back
Top Bottom