The Duck Thread

I think it all depends on what you want to use it for?
True but most of us backyard keepers would need a and respirator if we used it with the activator. Expensive!

I use it to spray down my roosts and put a tiny bit in my water ers and pools no need for activator using it for that. I have also misted my birds with it.

How long does it take for a duck to lay an egg? One of my Mom's Runners seems like she is having a hard time laying an egg right now. I have never seen a duck lay before so I don't really know.

I think so, and I think she has already laid before too. A few days ago I found an egg in the pen, and when I found her she was in pen. Can you see the egg if ducks are egg bound?

I think so, and I think she has already laid before too. A few days ago I found an egg in the pen, and when I found her she was in pen. Can you see the egg if ducks are egg bound?
You maybe able to feel it try feeling very gently down on the belly close to where the opening[vent] is. You might want to think of putting her in a tub of nice warm water that can help them relax and pass an egg. I'd think if she is still struggling after a couple hrs she is having trouble. But you know I have never sat and watched any of mine lay so i really don't have any idea how long it takes to lay one.

You maybe able to feel it try feeling very gently down on the belly close to where the opening[vent]  is. You might want to think of putting her in a tub of nice warm water that can help them relax and pass an egg.  I'd think if she is still struggling after a couple hrs she is having trouble. But you know I have never sat and watched any of mine lay so i really don't have any idea how long it takes to lay one.

I can see part of the egg coming out of her vent. I'll put her in the tub.

I can see part of the egg coming out of her vent. I'll put her in the tub.
If it's that close hopefully soaking in some nice warm water will help her get it out.
fl.gif

How long does it take for a duck to lay an egg? One of my Mom's Runners seems like she is having a hard time laying an egg right now. I have never seen a duck lay before so I don't really know.

It should not be a big issue for her - her calcium levels may be low and if she has been straining she risks prolapse.

I would dissolve half a 250 mg tablet of calcium citrate and add that to some treats (like frozen peas), and give the other half with treats in the morning.

What is her diet?

Back
Top Bottom