The Duck Thread

Hallalujah!

Something my vet told me is that inflammation can cause eggs getting stuck - and it won't hurt to put turmeric in their food, and it is a very mild anti inflammatory.

I put a half to a full teaspoon of turmeric in about 3 cups of dry food, and moisten it really well. I also add 6 250 mg calcium citrate tablets (dissolved) to the food two or three times a week for a flock of 13.

Mostly it's for Romy, but it won't hurt the others - I have a few Runners who need the extra calcium. They are all about seven years old, doing quite well.

Glad the egg came out!!!!

Sometimes they just have a hard time of it....

I've seen a shelled egg followed by a shell-less egg, and several people have reported three shell-less in less than 24 hours, but this is the first time I have heard of two shelled eggs.

Hallalujah!

Something my vet told me is that inflammation can cause eggs getting stuck - and it won't hurt to put turmeric in their food, and it is a very mild anti inflammatory.

I put a half to a full teaspoon of turmeric in about 3 cups of dry food, and moisten it really well. I also add 6 250 mg calcium citrate tablets (dissolved) to the food two or three times a week for a flock of 13.

Mostly it's for Romy, but it won't hurt the others - I have a few Runners who need the extra calcium. They are all about seven years old, doing quite well.

Glad the egg came out!!!!

Sometimes they just have a hard time of it....
Okay, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom