The Duck Thread

Here's Allie. She can't fly for 2 reasons: Her wings are a bit shorter (see how they don't quite reach her tail feathers like the other ducks. Probably more important, at treat time, while the other ducks naturally forage for the dumped treats, she subscribes to the "here's the hole, just dump them in" philosophy.

Here's Allie. She can't fly for 2 reasons: Her wings are a bit shorter (see how they don't quite reach her tail feathers like the other ducks. Probably more important, at treat time, while the other ducks naturally forage for the dumped treats, she subscribes to the "here's the hole, just dump them in" philosophy.

OMG OMG OMG! SHE'S TOO CUTE!!!
love.gif

She's 10 lbs of clumsy, pushy, opinionated obnoxiousness, but we love her.
big_smile.png

Haha, I have a drake and hen that sound just like her. Earlier today I was changing door latches on the duck house and the two of them kept coming over and nibbling on me but if I went to pet them or spoke to then they'd stand up tall and start "yellin" at me.
lol.png

Last edited:
Precious, precious Allie burd. I want to snuggle her right now.

Last edited:
Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell me for sure if this is bumblefoot or calluses? And if it is bumblefoot what should I do? She has it on both feet. I know bumblefoot can be deadly so I want to get it treated! She has a little bit of a limp on the left. I would appreciate any and all advice! Thank you!

Left foot:

Right foot:

Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell me for sure if this is bumblefoot or calluses? And if it is bumblefoot what should I do? She has it on both feet. I know bumblefoot can be deadly so I want to get it treated! She has a little bit of a limp on the left. I would appreciate any and all advice! Thank you!

Left foot:

Right foot:
@Miss Lydia @casportpony@GoldenFlight

I would say the left foot is a bumble. I would treat all other skin breaks on both feet with clear iodine while treating the bumble.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/807777/bumblefoot-new-ideas-on-treatment-with-pictures

It looks like there are quite a few stab wounds. Thorns and similar can be horrible on a duck's feet. You might want to search the area and see if you can remove any of these kinds of hazards. (In my case it is fallen Russian olive branches.)

Last edited:

Left foot:

Right foot:

I would say the left foot is a bumble.  I would treat all other skin breaks on both feet with clear iodine while treating the bumble.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/807777/bumblefoot-new-ideas-on-treatment-with-pictures

It looks like there are quite a few stab wounds.  Thorns and similar can be horrible on a duck's feet.  You might want to search the area and see if you can remove any of these kinds of hazards.  (In my case it is fallen Russian olive branches.)

X2!

Left is definitely bumblefoot... right is in bad shape too, though... I would soak both in warm epsom salt water and clear iodine them all the way across...

The link Tevye's Dad gave is excellent!

X2!

Left is definitely bumblefoot... right is in bad shape too, though... I would soak both in warm epsom salt water and clear iodine them all the way across...

The link Tevye's Dad gave is excellent!

Thank you so much! So should I cut off or remove that black large scab then treat with clear iodine or neosporin? Or just treat with the iodine without removing the scab? Sorry so many questions!

Back
Top Bottom