The Duck Thread

Can someone explain the black duck thing? I'm very confused
On Metzer's website, they have a monthly contest where they hide a small black silhouette of a duck somewhere on their site. If you click on the pic you are entered into a monthly drawing to get a credit on your next order. Every month, they start a new drawing and move the duck.

On Metzer's website, they have a monthly contest where they hide a small black silhouette of a duck somewhere on their site.  If you click on the pic you are entered into a monthly drawing to get a credit on your next order.  Every month, they start a new drawing and move the duck.

Thanks! I went and looked and did indeed find it. It's a fun little thing to do each month, great marketing on their part!

Do they always line the nest with their feathers when they're broody? My muscovy is sitting on her eggs but there are not feathers. She just comes out once a day.

Do they always line the nest with their feathers when they're broody? My muscovy is sitting on her eggs but there are not feathers. She just comes out once a day.
Mine don't line their nests with feathers but the one sitting now has accumulated some sporadic down feathers into the nest, i'm assuming just as she grooms herself

Alright, she's now sitting on a dozen eggs. Here's hoping. :fl

Just got my 10 ducklings from Metzer Farms!!

Had 5 Sexed as females:
1x Cayuga (Female)
1x Mallard (Female)
1x Pekin (Female)
1x Welsh Harlequin (Female)
1x Buff Orp. (female)

And 5 Unsexed ducklings and they marked on the paper which breeds they are!!! 3 Welsh Harlequin and 2 Pekins!!

Just got my 10 ducklings from Metzer Farms!! Had 5 Sexed as females: 1x Cayuga (Female) 1x Mallard (Female) 1x Pekin (Female) 1x Welsh Harlequin (Female) 1x Buff Orp. (female) And 5 Unsexed ducklings and they marked on the paper which breeds they are!!! 3 Welsh Harlequin and 2 Pekins!!
Soooo exciting!!! Mine are sitting at the post office as we speak and they wont let us pick up until 9am when they open. Im soo frustrated! We live less than 5 min from the po so we went and sent the water bill this morning and could hear them chirping!!

Soooo exciting!!! Mine are sitting at the post office as we speak and they wont let us pick up until 9am when they open. Im soo frustrated!
We live less than 5 min from the po so we went and sent the water bill this morning and could hear them chirping!!
My PO opens at 8am . But if that was me, I'd go to their loading docks! I've done it a bit of times lol

Back
Top Bottom