The Duck Thread

My PO opens at 8am . But if that was me, I'd go to their loading docks! I've done it a bit of times lol

Thats what i wanted to do! We live in a very small town. They just load up at the back door. My husband even used to work for them! The post master here is a rotten lady for some reason. However after some begging on monday she agreed to call us early. But so far still no call:(

Start knocking on the po's door lol And don't stop. I do that also. My PO is a terrible one sadly. Everyone in there are rude and give attitudes. So I try anything and everything I can to get my ducklings and chicks out of there as fast as possible! Post pictures when you finally get them!
Thats what i wanted to do! We live in a very small town. They just load up at the back door. My husband even used to work for them! The post master here is a rotten lady for some reason. However after some begging on monday she agreed to call us early. But so far still no call:(

Last edited:
Start knocking on the po's door lol And don't stop. I do that also. My PO is a terrible one sadly. Everyone in there are rude and give attitudes. So I try anything and everything I can to get my ducklings and chicks out of there as fast as possible! Post pictures when you finally get them!

The other post office my husband worked at would call people asap in the morning. Its crazy to me that they wouldnt just call me! Its the tiniest post office. They are prob just sitting there. I have called multiple times and they wont even answer the phone. I wanted them home and settled before i have to start working. But looks like my husband will have to go get them if they wont give them to us till 9.
Longest morning of my life.......... lol
I will certainly post pictures. I hope they are all okay.

They arrived alive!
I will get individual pics later today.
I am amazed at how active they are!!!!!! I was soo worried. We picked them up right at 9 am
10- all sexed female runners
2-blue 2 -black 2-chocolate 4-fawn and white
They had finished all of their grow gel. And they have not stopped moving since i put them in the brooder
Running. Eating. Drinking
And my 3 - one week old khaki cambels are in with them. Time for a bigger brooder!!

Just got my 10 ducklings from Metzer Farms!! Had 5 Sexed as females: 1x Cayuga (Female) 1x Mallard (Female) 1x Pekin (Female) 1x Welsh Harlequin (Female) 1x Buff Orp. (female) And 5 Unsexed ducklings and they marked on the paper which breeds they are!!! 3 Welsh Harlequin and 2 Pekins!!
Cute! I loveee little baby ducklings!

Ah. Just wondering. I myself am not big on crests even though most my drakes have one (hatchery choice) I'm currently trying to breed away from it.

Yes i was hoping for no crests. I didnt want any. Its not really a look i prefer, and i also know it often comes with other problems.
So im thankful i didnt get any.

Back
Top Bottom