The Duck Thread

Quote:
How old are they? can they get in and out of the water on their own?
Sorry didn't explain well. I had read not to let a new duckling drink till they got sick right after shipping. That you should do 10 min with a 15 min break for the first hour or so but I couldn't remember how long. All of my new ducklings died. As well as 18 chicks. Pretty sure I got a bad bag of feed. Of course I opened it right before they got here. Getting a new shipment next week of the East Indie ducks. Today was awful.

Sorry didn't explain well. I had read not to let a new duckling drink till they got sick right after shipping. That you should do 10 min with a 15 min break for the first hour or so but I couldn't remember how long. All of my new ducklings died. As well as 18 chicks. Pretty sure I got a bad bag of feed. Of course I opened it right before they got here. Getting a new shipment next week of the East Indie ducks. Today was awful.

I'm so sorry!
hugs.gif
Sending hugs and prayers..

Quote:
I'm so sorry!!!! :hugs That is just awful!! Can you contact the store or feed company where you got it from and see if they will either test it or replace it and the cost of your babies?!?! I've never gotten shipped babies so idk the protocol on them :-/

I think a wood duck (my best guess based on pictures) has taken up residence in my area, I've seen him on our pond a handful of times in the past few months. Will he cause any problems with my pet ducks on our pond? I know there is risk of disease spread but I mean in a more social manner.... whenever i walk down toward the pond he bolts but it seems like they might mingle a bit, he is always alone and I catch frequent enough glimpses of him that I don't think he is migratory (we also have a beautiful blue heron that likes our pond (fish) that my husband hates :))

I am so sorry to hear.
hugs.gif

We had a colder night last night... Nothing makes the ducks quite as happy as breaking the ice on their pool. Even if the water is
sickbyc.gif
(They are probably going to get their big pool this weekend
big_smile.png
.) Ice chunks are almost better than meal worms.

Back
Top Bottom