The Duck Thread

No clue! We need a scale to compare it with. For me personally, I would make my own, I just am like that lol

Thank you! How do you make a harness? I can't seem to find one online, and I'm ready to just make one myself. :)

I would use some thickish fabric, maybe some Velcro if I could get a hold of it, and of course!! duck tape!

It was a beautiful evening and I got to spend some time with the ducks while the sun was still high.

Pocahontas came and visited.

As did Roxette...

And Ettie.

Casey swung by for a brief visit.

Then it was snooze time.
Here are Entie (front) and Ettie (don't worry, we have a hard time keeping their names straight.)

And here is a rare moment where Kaine is being the sweet boy he can be...

Then right back to normal
th.gif

love.gif

Can you have ducks that eat eggs like chickens? I haven't been getting as many eggs and found a shell in coop today and one last week. I think my Mallard might be hiding them because she keeps disappearing and no eggs from her but my Peking and Campbells were laying every day till recently. Switched over to free choice oyster shells and fermented all flock a couple weeks ago so not sure if that could mess with laying as well.

Yay! My girl, Cuddles has started laying eggs once more! It's her third year, and the eggs are nice and healthy. Not sure if they are fertile... but they are tasty! :p My drake doesn't mate with her often, surprisingly, and he is doing so much better. I let them swim often, and their oil glands are doing fine. After I found out they were just molting, their pluamge is returning and my babies are back in tip-top shape! I hope to enter them in the contest this year!! :D

Last edited:
Can you have ducks that eat eggs like chickens? I haven't been getting as many eggs and found a shell in coop today and one last week. I think my Mallard might be hiding them because she keeps disappearing and no eggs from her but my Peking and Campbells were laying every day till recently. Switched over to free choice oyster shells and fermented all flock a couple weeks ago so not sure if that could mess with laying as well.
My ducks will eat an already broken egg, but not a whole one... But Pocahontas may occasionally roll other's eggs around just to make sure they are whole, and if they accidentally hit a rock...

Hey guys! My duck keeps flexing her rear while opening and closing her mouth, but no sound comes out. She also keeps sitting down. Is she trying to lay an egg? She already started to lay 5 days ago. If so, how long will she do that until she stops? She also continuously adjusts her wings, as if she is very uncomfortable. : /

Last edited:
Hey guys! My duck keeps flexing her rear while opening and closing her mouth, but no sound comes out. She also keeps sitting down. Is she trying to lay an egg? She already started to lay 5 days ago. If so, how long will she do that until she stops? She also continuously adjusts her wings, as if she is very uncomfortable. : /
@Ducklover3449

She maybe having trouble laying this one, can you put her into some warm water and let her float for a while that can sometimes that will relax them enough they will lay.

Back
Top Bottom