The Duck Thread

Yesterday, my poor Cuddles was having a hard time laying her egg. She was trying hard, but nothing was coming out!! Then, I gave her a nice soak in water, and comforted her. I gave her lots of rest, water, and love. I was scared she might become egg bound the next day. But, thank goodness. Look what I found! :D
jumpy.gif
I just gotta love my Saxony duck!
ep.gif
Wow! Poor girl, but that is an impressive egg!

I also wanted to ask, is it okay or normal if a duck skips a day while laying? I've seen her lay three days in a row, skip one day, then lay the next week or so. I'm wondering if this is unhealthy or abnormal. I have a Saxony duck, and am scared for her to do this. Is it okay, or could something be wrong? Can I prevent this for ever happening to her?
barnie.gif

Here are some pictures of our 1 week old ducklings, Welsh Harlequins. This was their first swim and they seemed to love it. I will fill it a bit deeper next time, they did a lot of "diving." The other pictures are as they are getting ready to sleep. One kept falling asleep, then her head would fall to one side and she would snap back awake. I could watch them for hours.

Here are some pictures of our 1 week old ducklings, Welsh Harlequins. This was their first swim and they seemed to love it. I will fill it a bit deeper next time, they did a lot of "diving." The other pictures are as they are getting ready to sleep. One kept falling asleep, then her head would fall to one side and she would snap back awake. I could watch them for hours.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
Cute! Is that one of those heat plates?

[COLOR=FF8C00]I wanted to make this thread so all duck lovers can get to one place and share everything they know.Feel free to post pics and questions.[/COLOR]

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS? I am looking to buy 3 female goslings. I have went thru over 40 hatchery websites & all goslings are sold- Straight Run or in pairs. We have all female ducklings and we would like 2 or 3 geese, but only females. We don't want any drakes or ganders in our flock. Our main reason for ducks are to enjoy their company as pets & their delicious & nutritious eggs. They will have a small pond we prepared for them & large yard during the day. We are very excited for summer to introduce them to the garden. We have searched high & low to find a hatchery that will sell either *single sexed female goslings* or *paired females goslings* I am willing to pay airfare costs and extra for a unique order! Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Want geese, no gamders!) Will check out ANY & ALL hatcheries you can provide.
61/id/7774628/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

These hatcheries are great, but only sell straight run mating pair. There has to be a hatchery that will sell 2-3 female goslings????

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS? I am looking to buy 3 female goslings. I have went thru over 40 hatchery websites & all goslings are sold- Straight Run or in pairs. We have all female ducklings and we would like 2 or 3 geese, but only females. We don't want any drakes or ganders in our flock. Our main reason for ducks are to enjoy their company as pets & their delicious & nutritious eggs. They will have a small pond we prepared for them & large yard during the day. We are very excited for summer to introduce them to the garden. We have searched high & low to find a hatchery that will sell either *single sexed female goslings* or *paired females goslings* I am willing to pay airfare costs and extra for a unique order! Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Want geese, no gamders!) Will check out ANY & ALL hatcheries you can provide.
61/id/7774628/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

These hatcheries are great, but only sell straight run mating pair. There has to be a hatchery that will sell 2-3 female goslings????

Metzer sells a few breeds of geese that you can purchase just females. You have to go through each breed to find out which ones though as i can't remember. I just ordered a pair but went through each one thinking maybe id order an extra female but decided not to. Good luck.

Yesterday, my poor Cuddles was having a hard time laying her egg. She was trying hard, but nothing was coming out!! Then, I gave her a nice soak in water, and comforted her. I gave her lots of rest, water, and love. I was scared she might become egg bound the next day. But, thank goodness. Look what I found! :D
jumpy.gif
I just gotta love my Saxony duck!
Ouch!! happy she laid it. I'm sure she is!

Back
Top Bottom