The Duck Thread

My one and only Aylesbury duck egg is only on day 23 but when I candled it I could see it's bill was trying to stretch the membrane into the aircell!! Shall I put it into lockdown early? Will it be ok or is that fatal to put them in there a couple days early? Thankyou for any advice given.
@RavynFallen

@learycow

@Sarkchick

Last edited:
Sorry about the soda. Just releasing pent up emotions. How are the chicks doing this morning?

The laugh was nice lol. They all survived the night and the little one I was worried about is doing well. Up and about this morning. Nice to have a batch of chicks make it for a change. Really love the heating pad brooder. They seem to sleep so much better. Didnt realize they could actually sleep the whole night without a peep.

The laugh was nice lol. They all survived the night and the little one I was worried about is doing well. Up and about this morning. Nice to have a batch of chicks make it for a change. Really love the heating pad brooder. They seem to sleep so much better. Didnt realize they could actually sleep the whole night without a peep.

I'm so glad they are doing fine. I also use the heating pad for chicks but ducklings grow to fast.

I know I should not think this way but.....maybe a postal person decided they needed your ducklings more than you.

I'm so glad they are doing fine. I also use the heating pad for chicks but ducklings grow to fast.

I know I should not think this way but.....maybe a postal person decided they needed your ducklings more than you.

Maybe. Still nothing at all on them. I'd rather someone took them than get a box of dead babies next week honestly. Sucks not knowing.

This is all I have on it. And the last one on the 6th was computer generated not actually scanned.

My one and only Aylesbury duck egg is only on day 23 but when I candled it I could see it's bill was trying to stretch the membrane into the aircell!! Shall I put it into lockdown early? Will it be ok or is that fatal to put them in there a couple days early? Thankyou for any advice given.

HI, I'm fairly new to incubating also. If this were mine I think id wait until it broke into the air cell or day 25 which ever came first. I do not think it would hurt anything to lock down now. But you can not candle after they go into lockdown. Good luck and keep us posted

Linda

Back
Top Bottom