The Duck Thread

Momma and Papa with their dirty little dozen
lau.gif

I took this photo when I was at the Veterans Hospital last week
big_smile.png
the ducklings were so cute out swimming in their down they were only a week old .

So my DH reminded me last week to put out the snake repellant.... it was before Wednesday's storm so I figured I'd wait till it dried out, of course I forgot.... so today I come home from lunch to a very large black snake
1f633.png
1f633.png
1f633.png
1f40d.png
1f40d.png
in the pen in one of the duck houses.... thankfully he could not get to the babies since their blocked off with 1/2" hardwire. I made several unsuccessful attempts on the life of the snake with a shovel (shavings and plastic aren't a good base). DH told me to drag the house out to the yard, tip it on end and he would deal with it when he got home. SO I have put out the snake repellant and hopefully he goes nowhere and/or has internal injuries until DH gets home.

Here he is

So my DH reminded me last week to put out the snake repellant.... it was before Wednesday's storm so I figured I'd wait till it dried out, of course I forgot.... so today I come home from lunch to a very large black snake
1f633.png
1f633.png
1f633.png
1f40d.png
1f40d.png
in the pen in one of the duck houses.... thankfully he could not get to the babies since their blocked off with 1/2" hardwire. I made several unsuccessful attempts on the life of the snake with a shovel (shavings and plastic aren't a good base). DH told me to drag the house out to the yard, tip it on end and he would deal with it when he got home. SO I have put out the snake repellant and hopefully he goes nowhere and/or has internal injuries until DH gets home.

Here he is
I carry off Blk snakes since they are so good at keeping down the rodent pop and also copper heads. One did get one of my Muscovy 1 day olds about 3 yrs ago and I did rescue that ducklings and dispatched of that snake. Man did that snake have that baby in a strong hold.

I carry off Blk snakes since they are so good at keeping down the rodent pop and also copper heads. One did get one of my Muscovy 1 day olds about 3 yrs ago and I did rescue that ducklings and dispatched of that snake. Man did that snake have that baby in a strong hold.
So far the biggest snake I've seen evidence of in the yard was about 3' and it was just a garter snake. I don't have any babies to worry about and the ducks kill snakes that size. We have corn snakes in the swamp (I've been told, never seen one) which as I understand means we don't have to worry about rattlers (the only poisonous snake in this area).

So far the biggest snake I've seen evidence of in the yard was about 3' and it was just a garter snake.  I don't have any babies to worry about and the ducks kill snakes that size.  We have corn snakes in the swamp (I've been told, never seen one) which as I understand means we don't have to worry about rattlers (the only poisonous snake in this area).

I killed a couple 6' oak snakes last year.

1f633.png
1f633.png
1f633.png
1f40d.png
1f40d.png

Here he is

That is terrifying!!!!!! So glad it couldn't get to the babies!!!!

So far the biggest snake I've seen evidence of in the yard was about 3' and it was just a garter snake.  I don't have any babies to worry about and the ducks kill snakes that size.  We have corn snakes in the swamp (I've been told, never seen one) which as I understand means we don't have to worry about rattlers (the only poisonous snake in this area).

Really? Your ducks will kill 3 foot long snakes? That's impressive!

Back
Top Bottom