The Duck Thread

My baby is three weeks old. How long does it take for it's feathers.?

mine are 3 weeks today and you can start to see some feathers, i think it depends on the breed as well though but by 2 months they should have most of their feathers and my drake mallard got his coloring around 3 months

Especially the mallard baby in front you can see she is starting to get some brown feathers and the mix on the left you can see a few white feathers under the wings.

mine are 3 weeks today and you can start to see some feathers, i think it depends on the breed as well though but by 2 months they should have most of their feathers and my drake mallard got his coloring around 3 months Especially the mallard baby in front you can see she is starting to get some brown feathers and the mix on the left you can see a few white feathers under the wings.
Chubby babies. Love.

Has anyone ever had snowy mallards? I assumed they'd be about same size or bigger then the EI but they are so tiny! And crazy lol! I've never seen anything move like this. Going to try and get a video tonight. Going to try swimming tonight with EI but not sure if I'll do mallards too.
Yay. A video.

My baby is three weeks old. How long does it take for it's feathers.?

You will start seeing chest feathers this next week. By 6 weeks old they are pretty much covered in feathers.
Here are mine at 7 weeks

Back
Top Bottom