The Duck Thread

:fl

17 eggs!!! Holy moly!!!!! What are you gonna do with all those scovys? You can send some to me, haha.

I don't have the first clue about hatching so I am absolutely no help there:(

Super excited to see how all your hatching goes. Praying for all good things to come your way- you need a break from the crud! :fl

I'm nervous. Nothing good ever happens on Thursday for me lately. So hopefully I'll find babies today! On my way home to check now!

Well, it happened again...Lol duck math struck. Went to get feed and knew I was safe cuz I wasn't getting anymore chickens....Well, there duck shipment came today, so I have 4 new babies
IMG_20170524_141146710.jpg

Well, it happened again...Lol duck math struck. Went to get feed and knew I was safe cuz I wasn't getting anymore chickens....Well, there duck shipment came today, so I have 4 new babies
View attachment 892137
So cute! I didnt get any yet:hit. This is killing me. They look okay I think but they should be hatching soon. My one Muscovy has the air cell on the side of egg. Not sure if it can hatch that way. And I need to figure out what to do with broody in chicken coop to keep her safe from my jerk hens. Ugh.:he

Can anyone tell me if it is normal for duck eggs to darken or get a dark swirl design before hatching? Or does this mean they will not hatch. There were some pretty bouncy embryos in there 2 days ago. 3 eggs hatched on the target date at 28 days. All were put in the incubator at the same time. I purchased them mail order. Have only hatched ducks 1 other time many years ago with no issue. Have been hatching chickens for years with no issues (usually get 60 or more ducks from 72 eggs) but this year only got 13 out of 98 eggs) but all were mail order and I have never done a mail order before. Out of the ducks (a barnyard mix) I have 12 eggs and 1 hatched on day 27 the other 2 on day 28. They other eggs were moving around on their own but no pips and now turning dark. Can anyone explain what this would mean? How long should I wait before removing the eggs form the incubator & giving up?

So cute! I didnt get any yet:hit. This is killing me. They look okay I think but they should be hatching soon. My one Muscovy has the air cell on the side of egg. Not sure if it can hatch that way. And I need to figure out what to do with broody in chicken coop to keep her safe from my jerk hens. Ugh.:he

They're making you wait!!!

Do you have anything like a dog pen or temporary pen that you can use to section her off from everyone else without constricting her too much and stressing her out?

You've got brooders everywhere and all I've got are fake broodies that sit for four hours then wander off like "what eggs?"

Back
Top Bottom