IMG_4204.JPG
    577 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4214.JPG
    IMG_4214.JPG
    562.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4222.JPG
    IMG_4222.JPG
    726 KB · Views: 1
This is a repost from yesterday. I put it in the Runner thread initially because it is a runner and I had gotten up-to-date in the runner thread. But since it applies to all breeds and I finally got up-to-date in the Duck thread, I thought I might post it again here. Sorry to those runner thread subscribers who get to see it twice. :confused:

*** DUCK SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Just a friendly reminder since a lot of ducklings are becoming ducks around this time. Ducks will want to stay out all night, stay in the pond overnight, do many things that aren't returning to a secure area at night. Many times new owners might be tempted to give them their "head" thinking the ducks know what's best for them. Now I will admit having owned ducks a few years now, they are smarter in many ways than I would ever have thought. But survival instincts have been COMPLETELY bred out of them. In fact, I would go as far as to say they have been reversed into suicidal tendency so as stewards of our flocks, we must frequently be party poopers.

As an illustration of this reversed instinct, this morning I went out to get the lawn tracker to mow the yard. I found Noir doing her best job at hiding from potential hawks...
noir-mower-jpg.1027471

Probably sleeping with her head on the nice cool blade :lau

Back
Top Bottom