The Duck Thread

The cool side is at 75 right now. I normally have it cooler then that for a brooder but hoping it'll make it till my daughter gets home at 3. If they even make it out by then. Kinda wish my girls had brooded separately. Out of 14 eggs they only actually hatched two. I have two Pekings kinda doing the same thing. Only one is truly broody the other sits for most of the day but then gets up and runs around for a few hours. But I think they keep switching eggs. I find marked ones under the wrong girl.

That should be fine then, if they hatch before then... some cobroodys do well together, some don't... and yes, they will keep stealing each others eggs... they don't look at marks and don't care whose they really are, lol...

Our mallard is trying to go broody (again!) but she keeps building her nests outside of the pen! We have gotten rid of these nests every time or tried moving the eggs into one of the houses in the pen (which she ignores) and she keeps building them!! The most recent one is right at the edge of the yard where we could possibly build a makeshift pen around her. Any suggestions?! I think if we let her hatch them she might get over it but I'm concerned about something getting into the makeshift pen and her not being able to get away.....

Anyone here know anything about silkie ducks?
2017-06-07_17.29.11.jpg

Okay quick update! I lost one egg (from now on I'm taking them too work) thought I lost both. Had them in a basket to take out back and half hour later it was peeping! Felt pretty stupid... but anyway its still going. Up all night with it but still not hatched. Hoping soon!

Okay quick update! I lost one egg (from now on I'm taking them too work) thought I lost both. Had them in a basket to take out back and half hour later it was peeping! Felt pretty stupid... but anyway its still going. Up all night with it but still not hatched. Hoping soon!

Ahhhh!! Taking their time...typical duck. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom