The Duck Thread

That's what I worried about. You could put the duck eggs under the hen a week earlier. However, I was astonished that the duck eggs I put under the hen, laid at different times and some perhaps more than a week apart, all hatched at the same time!!! Within hours of each other, anyway.

I got my east Indies from ideal but they were pretty weak at first and 3 of the 7 have white feathers on their chest. Iridescent is good on them though and they are on sale right now I believe. Had an impossible time finding them anywhere else by me.

Ummmm he's looking forward to the tools I told him he could buy with the money from selling them lol. And he said if they are outside I'm not in trouble. I am keeping the two kc babies inside though and he hasn't said no yet... pretty sure the one I hatched has my call duck as a daddy!

I just purchased these 3 Khaki Campbell girls. (I don't think the picture came through.)They are 3.5 months old. I have two questions:

1. What is a good dusting powder for parasites. The place where we got them wasn't very clean, my husband is concerned they may have mites. We dusted them with diatamatious (sp?) earth (food grade from Tractor Supply) when we got home but I didn't see any mites or bugs on them, I also dusted the area where they will be staying NOT their nesting area only where they walk around.

2. One of the little girls has a crusty discharge from one of her eyes. What do I do about it other than rinse with saline solution? I haven't done anything about her eye yet, I am letting them settle down from the long ride and the new place.

Thanks for the help!
M

They are in quarantine from my present ducks until we get everything ironed out.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom