The Duck Thread

Are yours laying? If so my Pekins were slackers! They didn't start until they were 6 months old! LOL
No none of them are laying..the boys same age just got their Drake feathers. I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of duck eggs one of my chickens from this years new girls started laying this week and has been laying a cute Lil brown egg everyday like clockwork, but only one of 6. So it just depends on bird and maturity.

I have Four ducks! Three girls: a blue Swedish duck, a khaki Campbell, and a welsh harlequin. And I have one male, a white pekin! They are two months old, and my boyfriend and I adore them! They are such great pets :love

Attachments

• IMG_3266.JPG
    IMG_3266.JPG
    641.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3298.JPG
    IMG_3298.JPG
    594.1 KB · Views: 7
I would just rinse it and clean off the crud first, then rinse again... see how it looks after that... might have just been something that got in her eye and irritated it... give it a day... then if it does it again, get some Terrimycin ointment and apply after another rinse...
@Ravynscroft I want to THANK you for your suggestion of the Terrimycin ointment. It worked like a champ! Obviously it wasn't a very bad infection, after the first application it looked better, I have continued it for 2 more days and it has cleared up! :weeThanks!!!!

Last edited:
Not sure how to get video up...
View attachment 1042890
Pretty Cayugas, black Swedish and I don't know what the other 2 are, but no video. :barnie
I am really having a hard time with the new website! I am NOT a fast typer but it can't keep up with me! Oh well, I'll just muddle on!
Is this a pond you made? We are trying to figure out how to make one for our ducks, am thinking a stock watering tank or bathtub. Not sure which way we'll go. What kind of a filter are you using? Now that I have 6 ducks the kiddie pool is barely large enough.

Back
Top Bottom