The Duck Thread

@Administration
Is anyone else having trouble on the new website with the typing speed? Mine is terrible! I can hardly type at all without it stopping. I am not a fast typer anymore but this is terrible it can't even keep up when I type a word and sit! It has taken me almost 4 minutes to get this text written! I don't have any other website that is like this!

Peas are great for getting them to come and go where ya want em to...lol they will follow a bag of peas about anywhere. If ya can get one in with a bit of coaxing the rest will follow.
I am having to CONVINCE these 3 that they like peas. The lady said she only gave them peas when they were young. The pea trick is definitely true with my Pekins, but these girls....they're a real case. I am hoping with time! They are so wild when I go into their enclosure (7 feet away from them) they go crazy, flying everywhere and acting like I am going to slaughter them! It'd be funny if it weren't so frustrating!!! :barnie

Cuteness Alert!!!
IMG_6866.JPG

My new KC girls are around 4 months old. They are old enough to have just started to lay, I have found 2 eggs in their enclosure for the past 2 days. It hasn't helped that I had catch one to medicate her eye! They are convinced I am going to kill them!

Maybe try dry dog kibble or mealworms. Peas might not be their trigger. ;)

Where might I find pics of these ladies?

@Administration
Is anyone else having trouble on the new website with the typing speed? Mine is terrible! I can hardly type at all without it stopping. I am not a fast typer anymore but this is terrible it can't even keep up when I type a word and sit! It has taken me almost 4 minutes to get this text written! I don't have any other website that is like this!

@Nifty-Chicken - please see above.

(Mandy, when is the last time you cleared you cache, browsing history, etc.? You might try to reboot.)

@Administration

Hi, sorry you're having this issue.

We'd like to request that all problems and questions be posted in our troubleshooting section here:https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/conversion-problems-bugs-issues.16183/

This way, our members can search if others have had the same problem, the status of the issue, and what potential fixes are being applied.

So, please review the current issues listed in our troubleshooting section linked to above, and if you don't see your problem already listed, please do the following:

1) Read this thread on how to troubleshoot and report issues:https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-to-troubleshoot-report-problems.1173246/

2) If the troubleshooting tips don't help, start a new thread with all the details listed in that post above, but specifically we need:

• Are you on a computer, tablet, phone.
• If phone / mobile, which model? If computer, which operating system and version?
• Which browser and version are you using (eg., Chrome 58.0.3029, Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 8, etc.)
• Have you deleted your internet cache / browser history of files and tried again?
• Have you tried a different browser?
• What EXACTLY did you do? Document the steps you took before having the problem.
• Copy/Paste the exact error message you received (screenshots are best).

Thanks, and we look forward to getting your problem fixed!

These are from Murray and they are 10 days old. Have you ever seen pink and orange bills before? I can't figure that part out. Could be just their color genes. They are all Pekins.

Adorable! And yes, Pekins can have either pink or orange bills... they should only be pink or orange for the breed... :)

Adorable! And yes, Pekins can have either pink or orange bills... they should only be pink or orange for the breed... :)
Thank you! As I researched, I see this is a popular question. I suspected it was a "skin" color more than a boy or girl thing. I've have a Pekin duck and had a Pekin drake, but I don't remember taking note of bill color. These 12 are my boys 4H project. So gathering information is my drive right now. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom