The Duck Thread

Anyone have a Muscovy xKC? I have 29 Muscovy babies and one is definitely a kc cross. I an positive one of my other girls didnt lay an egg in her nest. Im curious what it might look like. My kc/Rouen crosses are beautiful. Pretty excited.

Of the 7 eggs I started with 3 we're viable. 2 ducks developing as scheduled and a chicken. I had some issues with temp and humidity in the incubator as it was just a cheap countertop one. After 4 days in I moved the whole thing into a modified styro cooler and everything has been stable and good. Can't wait to see how the rest of this new adventure goes!

Drakes are very quiet...some mute. This is reason you can sex before Drake feathers come in...the boys, if they aren't mute, have a low whispery quack and girls have typical quack. So to answer your question, No males are not loud.

That's what i thought thankyou

My big guy just got his Drake feathers and thinks it's a good time to strut his stuff...lol
IMG_20170921_175743.jpg

It is just a small Creek you can walk thru in many spots, only bout 6 to 8 ft wide, but has some deeper holes they like to swim in. I had lured em to it a couple times, but they never went on there own til today. It's less than 3 ft deep and only minnows n crawdads in it. So, I figure no more dangerous than free ranging my yard. I do like to be with em tho so they don't wander too far. When I went down they came back to house with me looking as if they were like,"Darn, it! She caught us. Playtime is over." I think the food I had with me helped..lol

Back
Top Bottom