The Gun Thread

Idk. Somehow I wake up and I’m always dressed in the same clothes like a cartoon character and this thing that goes peeuwh peeuwh is always in my hands. I have this dream over and over and over.

Attachments

• IMG_2773.jpeg
    IMG_2773.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 5
I would use a 22 if you are 100% sure you can kill it first shot
I'd use a youth-sized .22 training rifle like the Rascal or Cricket; they're inexpensive and, as single-shot rifles where you load the cartridge into the chamber by hand, it makes it somewhat safer because you can't end up with another cartridge in the chamber unless you put it there. Meaning the gun cannot load another round like in a semi automatic.

Using a .22 short or a .22 Super Colibri ("light loads") will minimize the risks of over penetration and ricochet.

I use Aguila Super Colibris (Aguila is the brand) in a .22 pistol to dispatch my birds for processing. They're about 10 cents per round and I feel it makes for a very humane end for my fat little meaties.
Most of my experience is with handguns, I should’ve mentioned that. I’ll look into the Super Colibris, it sounds like a good fit. Do you suggest a specific technique that is less prone to mishaps that may lead to suffering?

I have been zapping spatzes (House Sparrows) that have been trying to nest in the bluebird house outside my office window.

View attachment 3785215

This is a Taipan Veteran Short in .25 cal, zipping along a 25 grain pellet at 890 fps. It is my squirrel gun, not that I have gotten a squirrel with it yet... Major overkill for sparrows, but it is handy in the Deathgrip tripod, and very accurate.
Do the hand pumps work well? I would really like an air rifle that does not require co2 or electric compressors but yet accurate enough to shoot sparrows at 50 to 75 feet. My middle name is Overkill...

Back
Top Bottom