The Old Folks Home

Been busy here with harvest season. Peppers, Tomatoes, Apples all need plucking and processing. Planting wintery crops of kale, chard, beets, radishes and garlic.

My elder flock is molting, eating a ton of food, and only producing 1.5 eggs a day, so Hatching Fever is out of remission. Friend has gifted me some Welsummer eggs and I have an assortment of SBEL, Bluebar and Sapphire eggs coming in the mail. Our ABQ USPS is brutal on eggs, though, with its over-the-cliff automated parcel drops. I asked one shipper to put "Fragile - Hatching Eggs" on the box and she tells me she gets better results with "Fragile - Honey" because the USPS doesn't want a sticky mess. LOL. Brilliant!

Been busy here with harvest season. Peppers, Tomatoes, Apples all need plucking and processing. Planting wintery crops of kale, chard, beets, radishes and garlic.

My elder flock is molting, eating a ton of food, and only producing 1.5 eggs a day, so Hatching Fever is out of remission. Friend has gifted me some Welsummer eggs and I have an assortment of SBEL, Bluebar and Sapphire eggs coming in the mail. Our ABQ USPS is brutal on eggs, though, with its over-the-cliff automated parcel drops. I asked one shipper to put "Fragile - Hatching Eggs" on the box and she tells me she gets better results with "Fragile - Honey" because the USPS doesn't want a sticky mess. LOL. Brilliant!
Brilliant.....

welcome.gif
Back!

Back
Top Bottom