I think we have 1500 ladybugs in the HOUSE!
You must have layzy dux. - In 2018 we had it all here: Ladybux, Stinkbux, Tix - then in June we got the first Dux and the Stink-Bux population imploded. Then the Peppermint-Population imploded, followed by the Tix population. Finally the Tomato-Population disappeared…

You must have layzy dux. - In 2018 we had it all here: Ladybux, Stinkbux, Tix - then in June we got the first Dux and the Stink-Bux population imploded. Then the Peppermint-Population imploded, followed by the Tix population. Finally the Tomato-Population disappeared…
Well, they aren't allowed IN the house, so... :lau

Anybody knows what happened to @Supercow ?

Hey! Just busy... Some old people in the mirror problems, some house problems, taking care of everything, getting ready with the incubator.

One wing of the garage has now been made mouse-proof, and as a consequence, fox-, weasel-, polecat- etc proof so it can house ducklings when they are little.

It's nice to be remembered, especially when alive :)

I wonder what is the most goslings that a goose can hatch out???? I thought they only hatched out two or three, silly me.
i don’t know the hatch rate is maybe 60% from what i remember reading. therefore 6 eggs might get you 4 goslings?
also I know that they lay one every other day, and after 14 days the chance of an egg being viable is slim so hopefully she stops and sits after egg 7 ? But this morning I thought I heard her say , “one more day.” meaning today is her last day walking around around eating as much grass as possible to prepare for a month of very little walking around and eating

Well, they aren't allowed IN the house, so... :lau
With very few exceptions, the dux are not allowed in here too, but they create a no crawl zone around the house that very few insects are able to cross. The only remaining pest here are the fruit-flies in late summer and early fall. Everything else is under control, invasive tomato- and pepper-plants included.

Back
Top Bottom